Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Texting AT&T iphones with a Verizon one
Christian561

This problem only happens when i text someone that has an atnt iphone. randomly text messages will not be sent nor recieved. ive had this problem before but ever since imessage came out i just forgot about the problem because imessages seamed to be working fine. But sometimes when imessage isnt working and the message has to be sent as a text, the person will not recieve it. I've tried it all, from dialing *228, selecting both options. Soft resets. Even a hard reset, ive also even got a new iphone because of this problem, and it seams like no matter what I try this problem won't be fixed. I'm posting this to see if there is some sort of new solution.

*Friends have sent me pictures of sent text messages that I have never recieved. I have sent messages to people that they have never recieved.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting AT&T iphones with a Verizon one
Holland76

I'm having the same problem, but also with Sprint users too.

0 Likes
annmarin

My iPhone won't even open the text screen, I am receiving the texts in an instant message, but when I go in to see/reply, it doesn't work. I called Verizon last night and they said the problem will be "fixed" by morning. Well, it isn't fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Christian561, issues with text messaging is never fun! I rely on text messaging to stay connected with family and friends and would hate for it not to work properly so I definitely understand your frustration. But don’t worry because I’m here to help!

Are you getting an error message when sending a text message? You need to make sure the iMessage is disabled http://bit.ly/vIDv6j when using the standard text messaging.

Another thing you can do is reset the network settings http://bit.ly/ujajTa.

Post back if you’re still unable to send text messages after the above suggestions.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes