Texting Glitch between iPhone 4s and Blackberry Curve
josieb

I recently bought an iPhone 4s. My friend who I often text with has an older Blackberry Curve. We're having an odd glitch when we text. Usually the texts go through but recently I'm getting messages that she wrote two days ago, last week etc and vice versa. The texts aren't timestamped on the screen so it gets confusing as to what we are taking about. In addition I'll often get the same text from her 3 times in a row (no she didn't write it 3 times in a row) and vice versa. I'm thinking it must be a compatibility issue between the two phones. She's afraid she's being hacked. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting Glitch between iPhone 4s and Blackberry Curve
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I've had this issue occur in the past (not with the iPhone 4s but when I was a BB user) but it was always with a user from another carrier. It's a little hard to figure out if the issue is with your device, the persons device you're having the issue with, or if it's a network problem. Is the other person a Verizon customer? If not then the issue could be their carrier's network or VZW's...IF it's not one of the devices causing the issue. Does your friend see the message in their sent box repeated? You both might need to contact your carrier(s) to see if they can further troubleshoot the issue to try and rule out if it's a network/tower issue or a device one.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Josieb that is kind of odd that you are having those texting issues. Are you having this problem with anyone else? Are you using a third party text app? Do you know if you friend is? Do you have this problem when she sends you picture messages? Does she have this time stamp problem with anyone else? Have you tried resetting the network settings on your phone? If not here are the steps to do so:

• From the home screen, touch Settings 
  • Tap General 
  • Tap Reset
  • Tap Reset Network Settings

Please answer these questions and try resetting your network settings. I hope this helps. Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
josieb

Thanks. My friend is also on Verizon. I think it might be a compatibility issue. SammuelIP (below) from Verizon support has given me directions to follow. I'll give that a go and see if it helps. Of course since my initial posting the issue has disappeared...at least on my end. My friend hasn't mentioned it either. 🙂

0 Likes
josieb

As far as I know its only between my friend--who is a Verizon costumer and using a bb--and myself. Neither of us is using a 3rd party app. I haven't noticed this issue with photos but then again she doesn't send me a ton of pictures. She said she isn't having issues with anyone else. I'll try resetting the network settings. Thanks.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

That's usually how it goes lol. Hopefully it was just a temporary problem and/or the suggestions provided by SammuelP will work.

0 Likes