Texting Glitch between iPhone 4s and blackberry Curve
josieb

I recently bought an iPhone 4s. My friend who I often text with has an older Blackberry Curve. We're having an odd glitch when we text. Usually the texts go through but recently I'm getting messages that she wrote two days ago, last week etc and vice versa. The texts aren't timestamped on the screen so it gets confusing as to what we are taking about. In addition I'll often get the same text from her 3 times in a row (no she didn't write it 3 times in a row) and vice versa. I'm thinking it must be a compatibility issue between the two phones. She's afraid she's being hacked. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting Glitch between iPhone 4s and blackberry Curve
josieb

I realized I just posted this in the wrong forum.Reposted in iPhone 4s forum.

0 Likes
Re: Texting Glitch between iPhone 4s and blackberry Curve
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello josieb,

There are many factors that can effect text message delivery. Some of of which are location, device software version, and signal strength/type. I have a few questions to ask to get a better understanding of the issue. May I ask what city and state are you in? What is the software version on the iPhone 4S and the Blackberry Curve? Do you experience delayed/duplicate text with other mobile numbers? If so then what device do they have? Below, I have a posted a few troubleshooting steps to try on both device to resolve this issue. They are as follows:

• Verify the destination mobile number in contacts.
  • Disable any handset restrictions.
  • Remove signature from text messages.
  • Check available device memory.
  • Erase long threaded text messages.
  • Confirm that the device software is up to date.
  • Perform a factory reset. (See links below)

iPhone 4S - http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=39607

Blackberry Curve - Options > Security Options > Security Wipe > type Blackberry to confirm and press enter.

As always, we recommend backing up all personal information prior to performing a hard reset. Backup Assistant is an excellent app to backup and restore contacts on the device. Also, iTunes and Blackberry Desktop Manager can save other information such as calendar entries and media. Once the device has been reset, it will also need to be reactivated, Simply call *228 and send from the device and select option 2 when the automated voice prompts. The process takes about 4 - 10 minutes to complete. Once the device has been reactivated, please retry the text messaging for delivery success. If you are still experiencing the issue of duplicate/delayed text message then please reply to this posting for additional assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes