Texting-billing & textingiOs5
gholmes

I am confused, Apple states on their web site that people with an iPhone that has iOs 5 on it get free messaging. I have paid extra here for a 250 text level each month. Last month I went over by $48.00 and all my connections have iPhones using iOs 5.

How come, why am I having to pay such an exorbitant amount under such circumstances? And I haven't done hardly any texting or received that many to warrant such an outrageous bill.

Anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting-billing & textingiOs5
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you and the iPhone that you were texting to have the imessage setting turned on?

Turned on imessage uses your data plan to send text messages to other iphones.

Turned off the text messages will use the carrier's text messaging network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Texting-billing & textingiOs5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, gholmes!

I apologize for any confusion regarding Apple's iMessage feature. iMessage will be an option when both iOS 5 users have iMessage enabled under Settings>Messages. If you or a contact has a mobile number ending in '0000', then iMessage must be set up via email rather than the mobile number. You will know whether a message is being sent as a text or iMessage by the color of each message. Blue indicated iMessage, while green indicated SMS/text message. I hope that helps!

Thank you,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes