Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texts not going through to certain numbers after OS update
Ferenczy36

So I have been dealing with this issue for a while, and now am finally sick and tired of putting up with it. Got my iPhone 4 8GB almost a year ago. My wife is also on my Verizon plan and she has a Pantech Jest2 phone. We could text back and forth, no issues, until I upgraded my phone iOS to version 6.1.2 (10B146). Suddenly after the update, we noticed that I was receiving texts from her phone, but when I tried to text back, my phone acts like it was sent, but my wife never receives them on her end. It has caused several inconveniences so far. I can text back and forth from everyone else I know, just not my wife's phone. I tried going through the whole imessaging settings, etc., etc. Still nothing. I had done some searching online and saw people having a whole slew of varying text problems after the iOS update, but most of them were texts were not working altogether. Like I mentioned, it works fine, except when sending messages to the wifes Pantech Jest2. Any ideas for a fix? I know Apple has released another OS update since then but am reluctant to download as from what I've read, it does not address this problem, and am afraid another update will cause even more issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texts not going through to certain numbers after OS update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Ferenczy36,

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, we'll get this figured out! I would like to identify the culprit because the issue could be her device versus yours. Her device may have an issues receiving messages instead of you having issues sending messages. Is she able to receive text from all other contacts? Please check your contact listing associated with her to ensure the 10 digit number is listed correctly. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follows us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes