The last upgrade I did was the one before 8.02 and since then since then if I send a text to my husband my daughter gets it. When my husband sends me a text, my daughter gets it. Now I have a business cell phone (my husband does not know the number) and I
LisaD123

The last upgrade I did was the one before 8.02 and since then since then if I send a text to my husband my daughter gets it. When my husband sends me a text, my daughter gets it. Now I have a business cell phone (my husband does not know the number) and I'm getting his texts on that phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The last upgrade I did was the one before 8.02 and since then since then if I send a text to my husband my daughter gets it. When my husband sends me a text, my daughter gets it. Now I have a business cell phone (my husband does not know the number) a
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You don't have to turn off FaceTime but you need to turn off some of the multiple ways that it can be used. It sounds like you all have all of the options (which would include your phone numbers) turned on for each device so each device is getting messages meant only for one. Your other option is to restore each device and start them as new...and create an Apple ID for each one so you're not all sharing the same one. You can still share content (iTunes music for example) but each device will have its own Apple ID

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: The last upgrade I did was the one before 8.02 and since then since then if I send a text to my husband my daughter gets it. When my husband sends me a text, my daughter gets it. Now I have a business cell phone (my husband does not know the number) a
Not applicable

Your devices must be all logged in to Apple ID and Password all the same. If individual Apple ID's this should not happen.

Each device must have separate ID's and passwords.

Just like the iPhone and ipads all ringing at once. It must be turned off in Face Time if you have that issue.

Update to the 8.0.2 it corrects the one Apple pulled due to being faulty (8.0.1)

Good Luck

0 Likes
LisaD123

So you are saying that I should turn off face time and if I upgrade to 8.02 this will fix the problem? I've been hearing that 8.02 has problems as well.

0 Likes
Not applicable

First the update to 8.0.2 is not as I far as I have read not buggy. I can do a Google search and see.

Each device iPhone, ipad, iPod must have a separate Apple ID and password so as to stop receiving imessages to every device sharing the apple ID. That fixes your initial question.

The phone ringing to every device is fixed via Face Time

Settings-Facetime-iphone cellular calls

Must be turned off (Grey) if you don't want all the devices ringing.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You don't have to turn off FaceTime but you need to turn off some of the multiple ways that it can be used. It sounds like you all have all of the options (which would include your phone numbers) turned on for each device so each device is getting messages meant only for one. Your other option is to restore each device and start them as new...and create an Apple ID for each one so you're not all sharing the same one. You can still share content (iTunes music for example) but each device will have its own Apple ID

0 Likes