The voicemail icon on my 4S used to show a red dot when I had a new voicemail. Now it does not. How can I restore this alert?
lstephen

The voicemail icon on my 4S used to show a red dot when I had a new voicemail.  Now it does not.  How can I restore this alert?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: The voicemail icon on my 4S used to show a red dot when I had a new voicemail. Now it does not. How can I restore this alert?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Istephen,

Here to help. I know it is important for your to be notificied about all your messages.  When did this start happening?  Are you still receiving your messages?  Have you been able to power the phone off and on ?  Keep us posted. 

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: The voicemail icon on my 4S used to show a red dot when I had a new voicemail. Now it does not. How can I restore this alert?
mama23dogs
Legend

Open settings, select notifications, select  voicemail/calls, turn BADGES to on.   The little red circle is called a badge.

0 Likes
lstephen

Only get phone. Not voicemail phone. Phone shows badges on and a missed call shows the dot.

0 Likes
Re: The voicemail icon on my 4S used to show a red dot when I had a new voicemail.  Now it does not.  How can I restore this alert?
mama23dogs
Legend

Huh.

thats not right....

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are you getting new messages or is your mailbox full? As long as your badges are on under Phone in notifications then all badges under the phone app should work. You can try resetting your phone to see if that helps...and restore if all else fails. But outside of making sure the badges are on I'm not sure of a fix. And I'm assuming you are out of the warranty period...but if not you can always contact Apple to get them to troubleshoot and repair if they deem something is wrong and it's covered.