Touch screen not responding after iOS 7.0.2 update
ZKZSmith

This morning I updated my iPhone 4s with the iOS 7.0.2. After the update I was prompted with the "Hello   > slide to set up" screen, but when I tried to "slide it" nothing happened. I tried many times with my finger and a stylus, but still nothing. The screen eventually went black as it does when there is no activity. When I press the home button the "slide to set up" screen reappears. I tried holding the power button down, but couldn't "slide to power off". I restarted it by pressing the hold and home buttons at the same time, after the restart it went back to the "slide to set up" screen. The touch screen was working just fine up until the update. Please help me figure out what's wrong with my phone!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Touch screen not responding after iOS 7.0.2 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you've recently ran into with your device. I'll do everything I can to ensure you have a working device.

Do you have iTunes on your computer? Have you done a restore since the issue has been going on? http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Touch screen not responding after iOS 7.0.2 update
ZKZSmith

Yes, it didn't work. I brought it in to the Apple store yesterday evening and they tried everything to no avail. They recommended I purchase a replacement phone or call my phone insurance company. I went back to the Verizon store explained everything, called Asurion and payed for a replacement phone. Still wondering why my phone stopped working after an update...

0 Likes