Trade-In Questions:
adamgkelley
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I have a Droid Incredible (the first one) by HTC and it says if I trade it in I get a $70 credit. I want to use this credit for a purchase of the iPhone 4S, but I was wondering if I could use it for the pre-order? Or do I have to wait for the phone to be sold in stores to trade it in and get the credit to buy the new phone all in one place at one time?

Also, if I can use my credit for the pre-order, would I have to send my phone in and be without one for a week before the iPhone 4S is shipped to be/I pick it up?

One more thing: I have a Verizon kiosk and an Apple store in my mall. Which would I go to in order to pick up/activate my phone? Or which would be better?

If you have any answer please reply. Thank you.

Labels (2)
Re: Trade-In Questions:
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you doing the trade-in through Verizon.com?  I just checked it out and it looks like after you get the trade-in value, you have to ship the phone back to Verizon (they will send you an envelope to ship it back in) and then they will send you a gift card with the trade-in value.  The credit will not just show up on your acct.  Sounds like this process will take at least 2 weeks depending on how soon you ship your phone back and how fast VZW processes the whole transaction once they get the phone.  Not sure if you can do this at a b&m store.

0 Likes
Re: Trade-In Questions:
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon and thank you jenn571 for your response.  That is correct as far as the trade-in process being a different transaction. 

adamgkelley, with the Trade-In, you will upgrade to whatever device you'd like.  Once the new phone is activated, and you are no longer using the old one, (Incredible), you can send it in with the envelope, and then you will get a gift card for the amount of your trade.  Therefore, you can go directly through Verizon Wireless, a kiosk, or through Apple if you are getting an iPhone because it is a separate transaction.  Many customers just use the gift card to make a payment on their Verizon Wireless bill, or on their credit card, which ever was used to pay for the new device.

Thank you,
0 Likes