Transference of messages from one phone to another
FLSTS-01

I have went round and round on this and have not found/received an answer yet, ergo, am going to ask it here.

Got the IPhone 4S on Saturday the 25th of May.  Previously I had a GZone Boulder since 2008 so finally got talked into the IPhone.  My question is why were my messages on the Boulder not transferred over to the IPhone?  Been to 4 stores, Verizon Store, Best Buy, Sam's Club, Radio Shack.  Not one d***** person can tell why this is so hard to do and why it was not done.  Hell I had to copy out my pics for my contacts my self....

Anyone able to calm my butt down?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transference of messages from one phone to another
JWDragair
Enthusiast - Level 3

First of all, calm down bro. I realize that you're upset, but we're only here to help not play jokes on you.

Now, these look like text messages not email messages. Are you sure they're email?

If they are, link your email address to your iPhone, they should be right there

If they're text messages they are incompatible with the iPhone's operating system. A good guideline is: iPhone texts can't be put on Android or Windows phones, basic phone texts can't be put onto smart phones.

You have the ability to get those texts off that phone; go to your My Verizon, reactivate the Boulder, send the messages to another phone that you trust/send them as MMS messages to an email address, then activate the iPhone again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Maybe if we knew what kind of messages you were talking about, someone could help.

0 Likes
FLSTS-01

What kind of messages you ask?  I don't know how to answer that.

How about a picture or two?

This is a picture of my inbox screen - these messages

mdg-2.JPG

Picture # 2 the actual messages

msg-1.JPG

So there are 11 messages in the inbox

and 3 in the sent folder

These are the messages I am trying to refer to.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

What type of messages??? Off the top of my head I can come up with voice mail messages, email messages and text messages.

All 3 are handled differently with different levels of difficulty in transferring from one phone to another.

0 Likes
FLSTS-01

I get it... this is one of those types of games - - let us string this person along - see how far we can take it and we will giggle about it. 

Well if your joke is on me so be it.

They are email messages.  Some of them have pictures attached.  Here giggle about this - some of those pictures attached to the email messages are from my sister's funeral that never got passed on...  Giggle about that.

0 Likes
JWDragair
Enthusiast - Level 3

First of all, calm down bro. I realize that you're upset, but we're only here to help not play jokes on you.

Now, these look like text messages not email messages. Are you sure they're email?

If they are, link your email address to your iPhone, they should be right there

If they're text messages they are incompatible with the iPhone's operating system. A good guideline is: iPhone texts can't be put on Android or Windows phones, basic phone texts can't be put onto smart phones.

You have the ability to get those texts off that phone; go to your My Verizon, reactivate the Boulder, send the messages to another phone that you trust/send them as MMS messages to an email address, then activate the iPhone again.

0 Likes
FLSTS-01

OK sorry, I just logged back in to change the tone/wordage of my message and saw your reply.

Just pretty frustrated 

Yeah, they are texts

AND I will do what you suggested.  As soon as I reactivate the GZone I'll just forward to one of my email addresses.  I honestly did not know I could activate my old phone.  Only need it activated for 20 minutes or so.

Anyway, thanks.

0 Likes
JWDragair
Enthusiast - Level 3

No problem man, just glad I could help you out.

0 Likes
FLSTS-01

Ended up I had  a few more problems than I thought.  Ended up having to call customer service and what a pleasant experience.  Already forgot the reps name but she was outstanding.  We got everything straightened out with nary a problem.

So again we can consider this closed out ! !

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I'm sorry I was not able to decipher from your first post that they were email messages or as you subsequently pointed out, text messages. I can only read what you had put into your original post. If that makes you think I was trying to string you along and "giggle" about it, that was not my intention but to just get the information in order to help you with your problem. Sorry you seem to think that was the case.

Regardless, I'm glad you were able to get you messages transferred.

0 Likes