Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Transferring a flip phone verizon # without data to iphone 4?
technloaded

Hi, I couldn't find the right answer so I'm just going to ask it.

I'm on a family plan with shared minutes.  One of the phones (a regular flip phone with no data) is dead, so I need to switch it.  The # isn't up for upgrade either.  I happen to have an old iphone 4 and it seems like i can use the function of it without a plan (pretty much like an ipod touch, using the camera,menus,etc.) or activating it.  I know my old samsung fascinate didn't even let me go to the home menu unless i activated it.

So i'm wondering if I can transfer the # from the dead phone to the iphone 4 without the data plan.  Can I do that?  Would it let me just use call/text features and the 3g will be disabled?  If I do try switching it, will the iphone ask for me to subscribe to like a data plan or something? or will it just not transfer at all?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transferring a flip phone verizon # without data to iphone 4?
gina7239

You don't switch the number you switch the phones around. Any smart phone needs a data plan. If you have a data plan already you can move the phone you need to use onto that plan so you don't have add a new data plan.

If you don't have one you have to add one for $30 unless you go onto the everything plan.

0 Likes
gina7239

Upgrading you can transfer any upgrade to another phone if you have one. To my understanding that wouldn't be applicable to you.

0 Likes
gina7239

If you don't add data plan you can't activate any iPhone or smartphone.

All you can do on an iPhone like an iPod touch iMessage web browsing music iTunes apps but only on wifi. You can't text unless there's an app that can use wifi. Can't use it as a phone etc.

0 Likes