Traveling and am getting No Service
Suebird

I am from the US traveling in Germany and the first day all was well with my phone but now I'm getting No Service -- I've tried changing the settings and turning it off and on -- it contines to read No Service.  Any helpful ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Traveling and am getting No Service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you add an international plan before heading overseas?  Or did you unlock the phone for using a local SIM card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Traveling and am getting No Service
Suebird

Yes, I added an international plan,  I did not use a local phone card.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you update your roaming (PRL) after you added the plan and before you left?  If you have the Vodafone SIM card in the phone, maybe you need to switch to the GSM/global setting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Suebird

I have Verizon and I did not update my roaming.  It worked the first day I arrived.  I added wi-fi through the hotel Im staying at and after that it reads no service..

0 Likes
spiro72

Hi there,

I arrived in Switzerland about a week ago and also been traveling to Germany on a daily basis.

I have the exact same issue as you. The moment I landed in Zurich, I saw that I had 1 missed call and a voicemail waiting and then since that time all I see is the "No Service" indicator on the phone.

Luckily I had the phone I was using before getting the iPhone...it's a motorola. I turned that one on and it worked. I used it last night to call Verizon Tech Support and from what they noticed, my problem was that the SIM card # in my phone didn't match the SIM # they had on file.

Their solution was to refresh the SIM, which from what I was told, could take several hours. Well, here we are 12hours later and I still have nothing! Furthermore, my old phone won't connect to a service anymore. Now I'm really screwed.

What I find frustrating is that I can't just compose an e-mail and send it to tech support...their site gives me the run-around and I have to register in order to send them an e-mail. To do this, I have to receive the temp password confirmation via SMS only! Now how do you think that could possibly work?!?!?

Please post a reply if you have found a solution or if anyone has an e-mail address that I can send my request for support to.

Cheers!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to enjoy your service while travelling abroad spiro72! Are you still in the same location? Was your phone setup for international roaming before you left? My best recommendation is to contact Global Support directly from an alternate line at 908-559-4899.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
spiro72

I got my service to work after calling Global support. They fixed the issue within 45minutes.

The problem was that my SIM card # did not match the one that Verizon had in their records.

As soon as I read the number to them, it was entered and 45minutes later, all was well!

Thanks!

Best regards,

>Personal info deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes