Turn Passcode Off
wzh2hz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have Passcode Lock turned on.  But there are times when I want to turn it off.  I go to Settings>General>Passcode Lock, but Turn Passcode Off is grayed out.  It will not let me select it.  Can anyone tell me how to turn the Passcode Off?  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Turn Passcode Off
tjmack99
Contributor - Level 1

If the passcode was required because the phone is synced with a corporate mail account (like mine is) then I don't think you can disable the passcode.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I'm not sure on this (I'll check the manual in a few) but you might be able to do it while connected to iTunes via the computer.

***Checked the manual and it doesn't say it has to be done via iTunes.*** When you go to turn it off does it make you put the passcode in before it shows you the grayed out option? You should have to put your passcode in before you can see the options.

0 Likes
wzh2hz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did connect to iTunes... No help.  Yes, it does require the passcode prior to the grayed out option.  I even rebooted the phone, no help.  I checked the manual, but don't see anything.  I'll check my wife's phone and see if it's the same.  Thanks for trying.

0 Likes
tjmack99
Contributor - Level 1

If the passcode was required because the phone is synced with a corporate mail account (like mine is) then I don't think you can disable the passcode.

0 Likes
wzh2hz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think you are correct.  My wife's phone, without a corporate account works fine.

0 Likes
wzh2hz
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for your responses.

After speaking with Apple. This feature with a corporate sync set up cannot be turned off.

0 Likes