Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to 3G
colliechick

Hello, I got my new iPhone4s on Thursday. and been having problems ever since.

The problem I'm having is 3G and accessing the internet through my iPhone without WiFi; I also can't send MMS (pictures or video).

I've gone through the process of trying to program my phone (*228) and it keeps failing.

I've also called VZ customer support and they have not fixed the problem. When i called the Teir2 operator said it was most likely a problem with the AT&T towers not accessing my iPhone. (not the case since I've traveled allover the state and is having the same problem)

Going to send back this technological PoS if nothing is solved soon.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to 3G
Ann154
Expert
Expert

If the reprogramming (*228, option 1) to the network keeps failing, I wonder if you are in an area without native Verizon Wireless towers.

Would it be possible for you to go to a corporate store and have them help you reprogram the phone to the network? They can also check your account and verify that the phone and your features are listed correctly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Hopekeeper

My 3G has been disappearing all weekend.  It is actually gone again this morning and I can't even make a much needed phone call.  Can't call Verizon either to report the problem.  Very annoying!  They better not make me pay for a whole weekend of in/out service!

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Because the iPhone is a CDMA only 3G smartphone, it will only use the voice network to make phone calls. The 3G data connection should temporarily turn off during a call to access the voice/1X portion of the radio.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Hopekeeper

Well then my whole Verizon network, 3G and otherwise is going in an out.  3G just came back and left again.  I tried to make a phone call and it says Call Not Connected.  That is with 4 bars.  So, getting tired of what is happening and no way to do anything about it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

If you have access to another phone, try calling customer service from it and see if there is an issue with the towers in your area.

The phone number 1-800-922-0204 for Verizon Wireless customer service when calling from a non-verizon line.

0 Likes
Hopekeeper

Don't have a land line.

0 Likes
gina7239

Do u have data roaming set on?

0 Likes
Hopekeeper

Went to another town and updated my towers. Seems to be working now.

0 Likes