Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to text to Australia with intl plan!
Ashleymark

I am trying to send texts to Australia. I have been able to receive texts but when sending it seems to go through but it's not received. The recipient is on Telestra. I have called Verizon to add the intl' plan, rebooted the phone, dialed *288 option 1 and still nothing. I have called support three times to get it resolved and nothing works! Anyone have any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to text to Australia with intl plan!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Ashleymark!

I sure do have a suggestion for you! I use international messaging as well, so I understand how important it is to stay in touch with friends/family in another country. Here's a link to our international page to get the information: http://bit.ly/13h06DY I also have the instructions to send a message to someone using Telestra. Just dial 011 61 the 9-digit number and the message should be received. Is this the dialing pattern you are using? I also wanted to ask, since your phone shows the message is sent, has the recipient of the message checked with their carrier to make sure they don't have a restriction on their line for international messaging? Please let me know any more details if you are still having issues, I'd love to help!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes