Unactivated and no passcode. Can I bring the phone in to get it factory reset?
cameokinney

I've tried resetting it from iTunes and only code an error code, so I tried updating iTunes and it won't show up at all now. I bought the iPhone from someone on Craigslist, He said the ESN is good but I had to get the LCD screen as well as the glass screen replaced. It took a few days to have everything shipped to where I could repair it and now the guy who sold it to me isn't answering my texts about the passcode... The phone seems to be in good condition. I'm assuming that since the device itself says it is unactivated that the ESN is good so I don't have to worry about it being lost or stolen. I'm wondering if I bring it in if someone can factory reset the device for me and set it up with my account without my dad having to be there (he pays the bill on me and my sister's accounts.) Since last time they told me I couldn't do it without him.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unactivated and no passcode. Can I bring the phone in to get it factory reset?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to assist today cameokinney! Unfortunately we do not have a way to physically reset the device. Unfortunately if the passcode is unobtainable the device itself would not be able to qualify for activation. Once the device is successfully reset activation can occur. In order to attach the device to the account via store you would need to be listed as an authorized party on the wireless account. Please keep us posted if we can be of any additional assistance, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Unactivated and no passcode. Can I bring the phone in to get it factory reset?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to assist today cameokinney! Unfortunately we do not have a way to physically reset the device. Unfortunately if the passcode is unobtainable the device itself would not be able to qualify for activation. Once the device is successfully reset activation can occur. In order to attach the device to the account via store you would need to be listed as an authorized party on the wireless account. Please keep us posted if we can be of any additional assistance, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes