Unhiding caller id names iPhone 4S 16 GB
glennhanson

I just set up the iPhone 4S 16 GB. Mid way through the set up I hid Caller ID Names - I get Caller ID Phone Numbers but the Names went away. I don't know how to get the Names back. Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unhiding caller id names iPhone 4S 16 GB
dziegele

I'm having the same problem.  When people who are in my contact list call, their numbers come up, but not their names.   

Anyone have a fix?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I haven't heard of the names being hidden, but I have heard that they do not display when receiving an incoming call. Is this the case? In other words, when you receive an incoming call from one of the contacts, it will show their number but not their name? If so, just dial *228 and Call. Choose option 1 and after the phone programs, restart your phone. This has fixed the issue for many customers I have worked with. 

Let me know if that works. If that doesn't work, please provide any updates/additional information about the issue.

Thanks,

0 Likes
dziegele

Mike,

Yes, the problem is that the phone displays the incoming number, but not the name of an incoming caller who is in my contact list.

After I posted my reply, I found the *228 tip on another thread.  However, what I did (and that worked) was to dial *228 and then hit option 2, not option 1.  Problem solved, it appears.

David

0 Likes
Ctwombl

Mike,

I am having the same issue. I have had this phone for awhile and all of a sudden no more contact names, just numbers. I have tried the solution you recommended but this doesn't fix my issue. I have tried option 1 and option 2. I have also tried  killing all the applications that were opened and performing a soft reset on the phone. I have also reset my options on the phone...still no dice. Everytime I get a text or phone call I still see phone numbers only. And what is also weird, when I open my favorite contacts, it just shows their numbers.

HELP!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ctwombl,

If you look under your contacts list do you see the names or only the numbers?

Try removing some contacts and adding them back to see if that helps.

If you are still not seeing the contact name you may have to perform a hard reset.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
MGreg926

I have tried all that was suggested and nothing works. I am quite upset about this and that it can't be resolved. I spend to much money on these phones to be having this sort of issue.

0 Likes
kedasau005

l need transfor to vietnamese

0 Likes