Unlocked iphone4S from Apple store (Thailand)
tikkie

I have unlocked iPhone4S which bough from Apple store in Thailand. I will move to stay in USA for few years, How can my iPhone work there ? I don't want any contract paid-plan.  My place will be Menomonie, WI 54751, Verizon will work ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlocked iphone4S from Apple store (Thailand)
demous
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know you said the iPhone you have is "unlocked", but what you have to determine or have the Apple store or Verizon check for you, is that the phone you have will work on the Verizon network.  Only certain iPhone models will work on the Verizon network, regardless of whether it is "unlocked" or not.  Verizon should be able to enter the phone's serial number into their system and determine if it is compatible with their network. 

As for a contract, you shouldn't need to have one if you are providing your own equipment.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If the phone is not Verizon branded, unlocked or not, VZW will not allow it on their system

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

From the Apple website:

"The unlocked iPhone works only on supported GSM networks, such as AT&T in the U.S. When you travel internationally, you can also use a micro-SIM card from a local GSM carrier. The unlocked iPhone will not work with CDMA carriers such as Verizon Wireless or Sprint."

So since you purchased the unlocked version of the iPhone directly from Apple you should explore your options from AT&T.

0 Likes
belto
Enthusiast - Level 3

T-Mobile USA is rumored to finally get the iPhone to work fully on their network. It is about time since the iPhone and iPad is sold thru (DT) T-Mobile EU already, has been for quite some time.

0 Likes