Updated to IOS 6 HELP!!
wyattdd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like an idiot I jumped right to updating my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 to the new IOS 6 software. It took forever but I had no problems with the update process.  Now that it's up and running my Exchange email account for work is not connecting to the server.  MAJOR PROBLEM!! All of my contacts and calendar events are linked by my exchange email.  Now I have no ones phone number and have to login to my work account from my laptop to know my schedule.  I've tried everything!! I went through all the tech options with two of the Verizon *611 people but finally they put me on hold and called Apple to ask if this was a known issue.  Apple said it was and they hope to have it fixed soon.  Oh my gosh....when is soon?!?!?!   I'm working with no contacts or calendar and I'm so frustrated!  I had no problems with the previous version of IOS.  I'm 8 weeks from being about to upgrade to the iPhone 5.  I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.  Also new iPhone5 users are you getting exchange email to work on your new device?  I doubt that Verizon would let me upgrade my phone early but I can't continue like this for 8 weeks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Updated to IOS 6 HELP!!
lastsamurai1957
Enthusiast - Level 2

we feel your pain.  We had the upgrade done also, the phone shut down and will NOT start up, we went to Verizon, they can't help, set an appointment for Apple's Genius Group and will see if they have a solution.  We were told from family after uploading, we should have waited until issues like this are resolved?  We'll keep you posted. Fortunately for us upgrading is Oct. 7.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since it wasn't mentioned, I'm going to ask.  Did you remove the email account from the device and then try to add it back again?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wyattdd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep.  I've tried that several times.  I went through multiple steps with Verizon trying different things.  I've reset the network settings, complete shut down and restart of the phone, deleting and adding the email account back.  I went to the Verizon store today and they couldn't help either.  They suggested I go over to the Apple store and see if they can help but they warned me that it was covered up because of the launch of the iPhone 5.  I decided to wait it out and pray for a fix. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for confirming.  You might need to contact your companies IT department to see if they have any suggestions or if there is something they need to do on the email server side of your exchange email account

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Java1949

I too have lost many contacts after I upgraded to IOS6m what is being done?

0 Likes
mamasotoes

Updated too like a dummy! My phone will not turn on or connect to itunes? Any one out there have any news on what to do?

0 Likes
Java1949

No answers yet, I bet if we all stopped paying out bills, they would come up with one quickly!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apple wrote the code for iOS 6. Verizon Wireless has nothing to do with the software.

0 Likes
ldavenport
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not had a problem with my exchange mail following the up grade to iOS 6 but oddly enough thats the only thing that still works right.

0 Likes