Updated to iOS 6, now cannot activate phone
lreich

After updating to iOS 6, my 4s will not activate.  *228 says it cannot process the request.  33.  Tried hard reboot, restoring iPhone.  Tried earlier backup from iCloud.  No luck.  Still get same error message about activation.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Updated to iOS 6, now cannot activate phone
RhyppleEffect

Same problem here..Lame

0 Likes
lreich

Any luck getting yours to work?  I spent 90 min with Verizon and still no answer. 

0 Likes
bbbbd

I had the same problem.

I spent three hours between the Apple and Verizon stores.  Apple blamed Verizon and Verizon blamed Apple. 

In the end none of them could figure it out so they gave me a new phone.

0 Likes
sodumb

Mine has been frozen for over an hour. Won't do anything, just has the apple lit up on the screen. My PC won't reconize it, I can hear it when I connect but nothing on my PC.

0 Likes
Frame2

I did the update about an hour ago. My phone shut off and will not come back on.

I've plugged it into charger and into my laptop. still  nothing

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello everyone!

I am so sorry to hear that so many people are having such trouble with their update. I know that many things can happen when you do an update. It could not have loaded all the files completely. You could have lost signal momentarily and the update did not come through properly. Do you have signal where you are at? Has anything happened over the past few days? If a restore did not assist, a phone replacement may be in order if you are still under warranty. Please let us know!

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes