Upgrade eligible but want to purchase phone through Apple Store
bbusermaybeiphoneuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of complicated question. My phone plan is upgrade eligible and I am interested in the Iphone 4S. I went to the Verizon store and they told me I can only pre-order from them. Rather than wait a week for a new phone, I was wondering if anyone knew if I could go to the Apple Store, upgrade my phone and still get my $30 discount on the phone or is that discount only through Verizon stores? 

Also, I plan on carrying over my current plan to my new phone so would that be something that can only be done at the Verizon store or can I do that at the Apple Store?

Thank you for your help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade eligible but want to purchase phone through Apple Store
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can go to an Apple store to get your iPhone but you will not get the NE2 discount at the Apple store. That discount is solely a VZW thing so other retailers are not going to honor it. You can contact VZW and see if they will possibly credit your VZW account with the credit after you purchase...but the credit would apply towards your next billing statement if they agreed to do so.

As far as your plan goes, when you purchase from Apple your plan will remain the same as long as it is eligible. If you do not currently have a data plan on your account you will have to add one in order to get the iPhone. Otherwise, your plan should be able to remain the same.

bbusermaybeiphoneuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your help! Smiley Happy I will call Verizon to see if I can get a credit to my account rather than lose the NE2 altogether.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

nope, they wont credit it

you will only get it if you buy from verizon

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Some people have claimed that their accounts were credited with their NE2 amount when they contacted VZW CS about it, so worst case scenario is that the OP will be told no, they will lose the credit. Or...if they are lucky like those that claimed they received the credit to their account then the OP calling to ask will benefit them. Never hurts to ask...they have nothing to lose but a little time on the phone either way it goes.

bbusermaybeiphoneuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just called and I would lose the NE2, no credit, nothing. Anyway, last chance to use NE2 so best to pre-order through Verizon Wireless. Everyone, thank you for your help!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

At least you took the time to check just in case. Hopefully you won't have to wait long to receive your new iPhone. Goo dluck with everything!

0 Likes