Upgraded iOS = No more 3G (only 1x), Dropped Calls, Missed Calls, Texts not sent, etc.
FrustratedUser123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally did the unthinkable, and upgraded my iOS.  Besides hating the OS, now I barely get a signal!  It was previously questionable around my office, but I could always get 3G outside and certain places indoors.  No more!!!  Only spotty "1x" coverage (which I presume is Edge).  If I should even have the call ring through, it drops.  I get voicemail notifications much later from calls that never come through.  Texts are never sent (regardless of the number of "1x" bars).  It takes 5+ minutes to refresh my email.  I've turned off the background app updates and bluetooth/wireless to preserve the newly diminished battery life, and done all the network resets and iOS updates.

Verizon, what say you?  Any magical fixes for this phone that worked perfectly fine until I updated the iOS?

I would like to point out that my coworker in the next cube has 5 beautiful bars of "blazing fast" 4G speed on AT&T, and I am not under contract.  As much as I hate to court the vile AT&T devil, it is looking pretty nice to have a fully functional iPhone again in the office...with "very fast" speeds...at all points on my desk.  Almost worth the nightmare of dealing with them...

To pre-empt the initial question, my office zip code is 30063/30060.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded iOS = No more 3G (only 1x), Dropped Calls, Missed Calls, Texts not sent, etc.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi FrustratedUser123,

That indeed sounds alarming! New OS updates are meant to make device experience better and not worse. My apologies for the issues at hand. When it comes to OS updates, these updates are actually sent directly from Apple and have no relation to VZW as these are sent via Apples servers. However, we do attempt to resolve general concerns with this OS. Have you completed a full reset on the device after update? Have you dialed *228 and selected option 2? Have you reached out to Apple at 800-MYAPPLE? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

Re: Upgraded iOS = No more 3G (only 1x), Dropped Calls, Missed Calls, Texts not sent, etc.
Heather2509

I have the same problem with my iphone 4!!!  Along with a slew of other issues.  Its making me seriously consider both getting another iphone as well as staying with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Heather2509,

Software updates should make the device sweeter! I apologize that this did not occur with your most recent update. How much free space do you have on your device http://vz.to/IS3QHt ? Is this issue occuring only indoors? Try a soft reset to the device http://vz.to/1gHBprh .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
RobynMG

I am having this same problem. Updated the iOS 2 days ago- everything was working fine up until this afternoon when I became unable to send any texts. iMessages ok, but no luck with text messages to non-iPhones. I tried the soft-restart and the *228, and still nothing. I also have over 1GB of free space on my phone, 4 bars, and have the "send SMS" option switched on. Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@RobynMG - It's so frustrating when updates go wrong! Thank you for making us aware of your efforts to troubleshoot your device. Are you able to make and receive calls? Have you tried sending an SMS while iMessage is off? If you have no problems with calls, and sms is still not working after turning iMessage off, please go to Settings, Notification Center and be sure that both Notifications View and Today View are both on. Please keep us updated, so we can make sure this is resolved!

0 Likes
GMGoBlue

I have had continued problems since I updated the OS on my iPhone 4.  I used the chat and they took me through a full reset, and that worked for a while, but now the problems have returned.  I miss calls, my voice mail says that my number is changed or not working, my visual voice mail doesn't work.  I have been told by Verizon to call Apple and Apple says to call Verizon. I was told by a Verizon store to just wait and it will pop back to working.  This is ridiculous.  I will have to consider dropping Verizon for lack of service, and failure to fulfill the contract, unless you help me work this out.  I now see why you gave away the iPhone 4s as clearly there is a problem with them. 

Greg

678-780-9652

Message was edited by: Greg Mann

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GMGoBlue,

I certainly understand your frustration with this matter as your phone is not working as it should. I would love to further assist you. If you could please follow me and send a direct message with your contact information. I look forward in hearing from you soon.

KarenC_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TabithaParker

I am also having issues with my iphone 4. My zip code is 28366. It just started happening a couple of weeks ago. I can never use my internet b/c it changes from 3g to 1x. I have missed calls that never came through. Texting takes forever to send and receive. I have updated to the newest version of ios7. I have tried *228, resetting my phone and resetting the network settings???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the steps you have taken to fix your issue TabithaParker. I know that service issues are difficult but we will do all we can to help get this fixed. Are your issues all insider or outisde? Any other phones in your household or area that is having service issues inside? I show no issues in your area.

KinquqnaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes