Re: Upgraded iOS = No more 3G (only 1x), Dropped Calls, Missed Calls, Texts not sent, etc.
TabithaParker

It is inside and outside and yes other people with 3G have had problems. The location I have problems is at rosin hill rd 28366.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded iOS = No more 3G (only 1x), Dropped Calls, Missed Calls, Texts not sent, etc.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey TabithaParker,

I'm sorry for the issues that you are currently having in the 28366 zipcode. All looks clear in the area. We absolutely want to make sure that we get you back up and running. I have already followed you. Please follow me and send me a dm so I can review your account in detail.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

and 

0 Likes
OldSchool49001

I want to throw my hat in on this one too.  My 4s has had several episodes where I would loose 3g.  Sometimes it will drop to 1x, sometimes the data indicator will be blank.   I can connect to WiFi when in range of one, but no carrier data.  I even had one episode where I couldn't get a voice connection ether, just the word Searching where the strength and data indicators should be!

I can't tie these events to upgrades as they happen at random times.  Nor can I tie it to a specific location/tower as the issue remains if I change locations (home and office are 20 miles apart, no dead spots in between)

To fix these episodes, I've had some luck with *228 opt 1.  This fixes it maybe a quarter of the time.  I also tried reseating the SIM card but that had no effect.  Resetting to factory and re-installing all my apps has fixed the issue every time but it's a lot of work!  And I learned the hard way that not everything gets backed up, so save your photos and notes separately people!! 

I have 3 phones on my plan, all 4s.  Mine is the only one that has this glitch.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
AApril

I am desperately in need of help after updating my Iphone 4 to 7.1  I am having significant email looping issues.  I have tried everything but I now have 4,294,967,169 unread email message.  What?????  I tried to delete them one by one (sat for hours), they all came back.  I tried resetting my network (that didn't work).  I went into my Verizon account and deleted all of the emails there (that didn't help).  I don't know what else to do!  Can anyone at Verizon help?

April Altiere

0 Likes
AApril

Oh, and in addition, I'm getting emails from Postmaster@verizon indicating Delivery has failed on some email I hae never seen nor to anyone I know.  I have received at least 25 of these in the last few day.  This is ugly!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to help ensure your device and e-mail client are acting right after your update AApril! I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties. Thanks for the steps you have tried. I recommend completing a hard reset on your device at this point. Please select the option to completely wipe the device to factory settings, not a restoral. http://vz.to/1jm3NkL

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
meccaneer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just side-grade my iPhone 4 to iOS7 and was also down-graded to 1x from 3G.

Dialing *228, option 2 (update roaming) worked for me: I was able to use 3G again.

0 Likes