Uploading Pictues Using Photo Stream
africanhut
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello again, I have another question. I cannot seem to get photos to upload from my computer to my phone. There is no problem going the other way. When I take a picture on my phone it soon shows up in my <<Photo Stream>> folder on my computer. But, if I add photo to the <<upload>> folder in the Photo Stream folder, they don't seem to get to my phone. Now, one time I put a few photos in the upload folder and they did transfer to the phone but now it doesn't seem to want to work. I can't remember how I did it the first time but I swear I just added them to  the folder and boom, they showed up on the phone. I left them in the folder along with the new ones, should I delete the ones that already uploaded? I am baffled since it worked so easily that one time. Please help if you can and thanks in advance.

Mike

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Uploading Pictues Using Photo Stream
africanhut
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I had Apple Care on the phone about another dilema, I asked about this problem and they said to just clear my Photo Stream folders on my computer and it will get the stream going again. I did it and all is well. Thanks for your responses, I really appreciate them.

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

When you initially did it (got the pics from your computer to your iPhone) was it done with iTunes syncing them or are you saying they synced via iCloud without having to connect your iPhone to your computer?

0 Likes
africanhut
Enthusiast - Level 3

They uploaded while I was NOT connected to iTunes.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Check your settings in iCloud on your computer (no idea what system you are using...pc or mac). If you haven't tried the usual already (reset/restart) then try that to see if it helps. Also, you can try checking the Apple support site to see if there are any articles about this issue that offers troubleshooting ideas.

0 Likes
africanhut
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I had Apple Care on the phone about another dilema, I asked about this problem and they said to just clear my Photo Stream folders on my computer and it will get the stream going again. I did it and all is well. Thanks for your responses, I really appreciate them.

Mike

0 Likes
GEShyavitz

I tried all of this but still have a problem.

Pictures I take on my iPad go through iCloud and appear on my iPhone.

Pictures I take on my iPhone DO NOT show up on my iPad.

Anyone got a clues as to why?

0 Likes