Used iPhone with suspended service showing lost or stolen...HELP!
brob7332

I purchased a used Iphone 4 a couple days ago. The seller still had his service active so I figured I could just call and switch it on over to my account.... Evidently it doesn't work like that. So I contacted him and he said he would take care of it. So today he says he called and suspended the service. When I called Verizon they said it is showing lost or stolen.

If you don't register another (junk) phone on the number before you suspend service will the iphone show as lost or stolen... or would he have had to have called and done this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Used iPhone with suspended service showing lost or stolen...HELP!
Not applicable

The phone would have to be totally off his account. He should not sell a still active phone on his account.

Verizons activation computer must have realized the phone meid was already on another account and name.

He must totally remove the iphone from his account and must call to state the phone is not lost or stolen.

Some folks have put these phones out for sale on Craigs  List, or ebay etc. then report them lost or stolen to get the money and in some cases their phones back. I must tell you to buy from a dealer and no private sales.

Get your money back and buy one from the store.

Good Luck

0 Likes
brob7332

The thing is when he tried to login to his account it sent the temporary password to me... so I can now login to his account and do whatever I want... still debating on what to do

0 Likes
Not applicable

Get your money back. If you are purchasing his phone and his service you will need an assumption of liability to take over his service of course you just bought his phone correct?

Get yourself another phone but get your money back now.

0 Likes