Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Using non-call/data features of iphone 4 in Mexico?
eszach

I am going to Mexico next week and want to be able to use my iphone 4 for things like listening to music, reading books, playing games, etc. and not get charged is someone tries to call or text me.  What settings do I need to disable to make sure I don't get charged. 

I'm new to the smartphone world, wondering what on my phone will work if calling and data are disabled.  I assume it's only things like itunes, books that are downloaded, etc. Any insight would be much appreciated.

FYI our hotel has wifi but don't think I'll pay for it.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Using non-call/data features of iphone 4 in Mexico?
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hey there eszach! I can certainly appreciate your interest in saving money on roaming charges! You can indeed avoid charges for calls, messages and data while roaming in Mexico. I recommend putting the iPhone 4 into Airplane mode by going to Settings and then sliding Airplane Mode toggle to "On". The action prevents the device from making connection to any network so that you will not receive calls, messages or data. When you get back to the U.S., simply turn Airplane Mode off in order to resume normal service. Have a great trip!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Using non-call/data features of iphone 4 in Mexico?
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hey there eszach! I can certainly appreciate your interest in saving money on roaming charges! You can indeed avoid charges for calls, messages and data while roaming in Mexico. I recommend putting the iPhone 4 into Airplane mode by going to Settings and then sliding Airplane Mode toggle to "On". The action prevents the device from making connection to any network so that you will not receive calls, messages or data. When you get back to the U.S., simply turn Airplane Mode off in order to resume normal service. Have a great trip!

View solution in original post

0 Likes