Re: VW Promised Network Extender but does not deliver
karyn526
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I left VW last July, I went to Page Plus and have been there with no problems since.  I have some upcoming trips that require me to purchase internet (hotels do not provide it free in these areas) so I began thinking about coming back to VW and taking them up on their offer for the promised network adapter.  Since they are not going to deliver, I will stay with PP and purchase internet at the hotels.  Still cheaper and better for my health than dealing with VW.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

karyn526 wrote:

Wow, I gotta say you appear as rude as the VW reps I have spoken with.  Lets see if I can't set you straight on what has happened.

1.  10 years ago I had service with USC.  Everything was fine.  I did not have service at my home but I had it at work and that was good enough for me.  3 years ago my employer decided to let me work from home (one of the perks with sticking it out with a company for 34 years).  I also began to travel and found that VW has a few more options for me.  My family urged me to switch from USC and go to VW so we could save money. So 3 years ago I switched.

2.  My job is no longer in the same area but at home.  I do not get a signal but did not with USC either but I am not using my phone since I am at home most of the time.  Whether USC has a network extender or if it was free is irrelevant as it does not apply. 

3. VW did not fulfill its promise as there was no deadline mentioned.  The rep simply said "When you decided to come back, we'll be there for you, and i will gladly note your account with this promise".  No mention of any deadlines, etc.  I did not leave a provider that had a solution to my problem as network extenders were not available then.  Geesh do you even read.

So 3 years ago you started working at home where you did not get a signal. You switched to Verizon because they offered "more options" and you would "save money". When Verizon did not offer you a "free network extender", you left in June of last year, but whether or not your new provider even "offers" a network extender is irrelevant???? It seems this was the main reason for leaving. And of course you lost your "more options" and "save money" perks. It seems I am getting that "cutting of your nose to spite your face" thought all over again!!!

Now it is relevant again that you want to come back to Verizon since they won't give you a "free network extender". Of course you could stay with USC where the network extender problem is irrelevant!!!

0 Likes
karyn526
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched to Verizon BEFORE i began working at home so the fact that i did not have a signal at home did not matter.  I switched because MY FAMILY (located in other parts of the country)  was hoping to save money by taking advantage of their F&F discounts for calling during certain hours.  2 years later I began working at home where I did not get a signal.  I finished up my contract and canceled VW service going to Page Plus (which uses VW and I happily pay only $80 a year for 2000 minutes (and lucky for me I could use the same phone!!).    2-3 months after i left VW calls me and invites me back promising a FREE network adapter.  No deadline was mentioned only the promise that I would be welcomed back and my reward would be the extender.  This was 2 years after I left USCC.  What is irrelevant is the fact that you asked my if USCC offered an network extender and since I left USCC 3 years ago it no longer applies.  I do not have service with either USCC nor VW now.  Geesh can't you read?

Bottom line.... I was promised IF I came back i would get an extender.  No deadline was mentioned.  I was simply asking VW to honor the promise they made to me about a FREE NA if I did come back.  If they don't wish to honor it I really don't give a shit.  I am beginning to remember all the reasons I left notably the lousy customer service and rude reps. Others are comprehending this, why can't you?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

karyn526 wrote:

I switched to Verizon BEFORE i began working at home so the fact that i did not have a signal at home did not matter.  I switched because MY FAMILY (located in other parts of the country)  was hoping to save money by taking advantage of their F&F discounts for calling during certain hours.  2 years later I began working at home where I did not get a signal.  I finished up my contract and canceled VW service going to Page Plus (which uses VW and I happily pay only $80 a year for 2000 minutes (and lucky for me I could use the same phone!!).    2-3 months after i left VW calls me and invites me back promising a FREE network adapter.  No deadline was mentioned only the promise that I would be welcomed back and my reward would be the extender.  This was 2 years after I left USCC.  What is irrelevant is the fact that you asked my if USCC offered an network extender and since I left USCC 3 years ago it no longer applies.  I do not have service with either USCC nor VW now.  Geesh can't you read?

Bottom line.... I was promised IF I came back i would get an extender.  No deadline was mentioned.  I was simply asking VW to honor the promise they made to me about a FREE NA if I did come back.  If they don't wish to honor it I really don't give a ****.  I am beginning to remember all the reasons I left notably the lousy customer service and rude reps. Others are comprehending this, why can't you?

Yes, I can read. When you contradict yourself and/or omit facts, it doesn't really matter, though.

For example, from your previous posts:

#1 "3 years ago my employer decided to let me work from home"

#2 "So 3 years ago I switched." I assume this means to Verizon.

reading your post with quote #1 coming before quote #2, I guess you want me to comprehend you made the switch to Verizon BEFORE you started working from home. How is my reading comprehension supposed to figure THAT out.

From your original post,

#3 "I requested a network extender and when VW would call checking on my satisfaction I explained how there is no signal at my home so I am not able to use the phone like I would like so I most likely would be leaving after my contact was up.  My contract was up in June 2011 and I did leave because no one would address the request for the extender."

My reading comprehension says you left Verizon Wireless in June 2011 because they would not give you a free extender. I could be wrong though, my reading comprehension being what it is. In this original post, though, the only other cellular provider mentioned is USC. Of course by reading through this post I should be able to comprehend you left Verizon Wireless for Page Plus. How silly of me.

The fact that has still not been addressed, though, is that you left Verizon Wireless BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT GIVE YOU A FREE NETWORK EXTENDER. It seems you still have the same problem of NOT HAVING THE NETWORK EXTENDER. Is my comprehension of this fact correct? If so, then you did not solve your problem by leaving Verizon. You just "cut off your nose to spite your face" since they did in fact have a solution, but weren't nice enough to solve it in the fashion you wanted.

So my conclusion is that you left Verizon Wireless because of a problem which you did not fix by leaving Verizon Wireless. Can you comprehend THAT?

Now it seems you have now included ADDITIONAL information including the fact you are paying less with Page Plus for the same service. THAT is a legitimate reason to leave and good for you for doing so.

But you left Verizon Wireless in June of 2011, which I mistakenly thought was for USC because you had not mentioned Page Plus but only USC, because someone was not NICE enough to you by providing a free network extender. Unfortunately, doing this did not solve your problem as you STILL do not have a network extender. Now when you add additional information that you are paying less, I understand, and seems to be the real reason you left. If price wasn't the real reason you left, but because they wouldn't provide a free network extender, then I stand by my statement of "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

0 Likes
karyn526
Enthusiast - Level 2

The fact that my employer let me work from home ha nothing to do with my switch.  Thanks for helping me decide to forget VW.  I left VW because of cost.  Period!  I explained that when CS entry level CS reps would call to check on my satisfaction (while I was a customer)  I explained that I was not happy about the cost vs the services received.  They asked what they could do.  I said I would like to speak with someone regarding the possibility of getting a DISCOUNT on a network adapter.  They said they would speak with their supervisor and get back to me.  I got probably 4-5 calls over 2 years asking how I enjoyed my services and what they could do to make Verizon experience better.  Well the supervisor never called back so after my contract was up, I left. Period.  A few months later the Winback department called and asked why I left.  I explain the cost vs services as I did not get a signal.  She said they were sorry that they had inadequate towers in my area and asked if there was anything she could do.  I replied "If I I would have been granted the discount on the network adapter I spoke with entry level CS about than maybe I would still be a customer.  The winback rep then said that the entry level CSR did not note any conversations with me and I quickly checked my phone to give her the dates and times of the calls.  Once verified she said that If I decided to come back at any time that she would ensure I'd have a NA FREE of charge.

I was only thinking of coming back to VW as my husband has his 30+ years in and can retire at any time from his job.  We have thought about traveling as I can work anyplace I have a computer.  With that in mind I was thinking we could try VW again.  I did not go into my life history because the question I had was how do I get VW to give me what was promised.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

karyn526 wrote:

I left VW because of cost.  Period!

OK, why didn't you say so? THAT I can comprehend and is a very good reason to do so. I am constantly checking the competition for better deals/service and cost is and will always be a major factor, at least for me. I am glad that you are happy with your current provider.

0 Likes
karyn526
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did. 

0 Likes