VZ Contact Transfer
Guysplace
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is the anyway to have the VZ Contact Transfer work on the iPhone without having to turn off the WI-FI? When I used the Backup Assistant on my older phone it would backup by contacts each day automatically. Now with the VZ Contact Transfer I have to turn off my phone's WI-FI connection and then manually back up the contacts. This is a step backwards.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Contact Transfer
timetochange
Enthusiast - Level 1

The VZ Backup Asst works over the Verizon system. With your old phone, it "just worked" because the only option you had was to use the Verizon system.

The iPhone is designed to let you primarily use WiFi so you don't use up your data allowance while using apps, the internet, etc. Since VZ Backup works on the Verizon system, you need to switch back to that system temporarily to back up your contacts. For whatever reason (I'm not a Verizon engineer so I don't know how their system works), it's most efficient and secure for you to back up your contacts that way. It only takes a few minutes and it's a minor inconvenience.

It's not a "step backward" -- being able to use wireless primarily for your data usage is a step forward. Would you prefer it if Verizon didn't allow that at all and instead required all your data to go through their system, thereby requiring you to have a much more expensive data plan?

0 Likes
Re: VZ Contact Transfer
Guysplace
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Backup of contacts is the backward step not the ability to use WI-FI. There should be no reason that the VZ Contacts Transfer can't work over WI-FI if your iphone happens to be connected to it at the time.

0 Likes