VZ Navigator was changed today and I don't like the new version
BGEENBAUR

To whom it may concern:

Without any warning, when I went to use it today on my phone, VZ Navigator was changed and I don't like the new version. There is no longer a "preferences" setting which allows me to choose the voice I'd like. It automatically  speaks in a female voice which is harder for me to understand than the male voice I've always used previously. Also, the screen now shows a photographic type arial view display which is not nearly as clear and easy to follow as the graphic display that was previously used. Is there a way I can select voice and display? If not, is it possible to request the older version of VZ Navigator for my phone. The new formatting is not at all helpful to me. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Brian Geenbaur

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Navigator was changed today and I don't like the new version
Weth
Legend

I don't know about the new changes but why are you paying monthly for VZ Navigator when you have a smartphone that offers several free options that are as good or better?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I agree with Weth and would certainly drop VZNavigator in favor of Google Maps or even Apple's version of maps. No reason to be paying a monthly fee.

0 Likes
KDENMRK

I do not like the new version either.  The old version would allow you to search for restaurants by type such as Seafood, Pizza, Sushi, Vegetarian.  This newer version makes it harder to search for a restaurant when you don't know the name but know the type.  I also don't believe there was any warning of this new update to customers.  Go back to old version Verizon!!!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

KDENMRK wrote:

I also don't believe there was any warning of this new update to customers. Go back to old version Verizon!!!!

I can't think of any app which gives you a warning of updates which are coming. They simply provide the update to the app store. They you choose whether or not you would like to update it. Do you have updates set to automatic in your app store? If so, possibly you should turn them off if you want to prevent updates in apps on your phone.