Verizon 3G speed SLOOOW!!
earnhar768

I am getting very slow data speeds on my iPhone 4S. Speed test results are 17.6 kb/s download and 75 kb/s upload. The highest I have seen tonight is 47.0 kb/s download and 93.9 kb/s upload. I have FULL signal strength on my phone. I have noticed the slow down in the past couple weeks and actually did a speed test today because some of my apps were not working due to slow connection speed.

The speed tests were done 3/29/13 around 8:40PM in zip code: 28792 with 5 signal bars and Verizon 3G indicated on phone.

I have cleared the cache and data on phone and no difference with network speed. Please address..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon 3G speed SLOOOW!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How much data are you using each month?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
earnhar768

As of now, I have used 557 MB and my billing cycle ends in about a week. I wouldnt think that would be considered heavy data usage.

I reset network connection and cleared cache.. all the stuff that people say to try in other threads and nothing made any difference yesterday. I think Verizon either is seriously neglecting the 3G network in favor of LTE, or they just can't handle the number of devices on the network and it causes a massive slow down. I think they should be obligated to at least provide a minimum respectable speed level to customers with 3G devices who are locked into a contract and can't upgrade to an LTE device because of contract restrictions.

0 Likes
earnhar768

Im getting better speed this morning so maybe something got tweaked.

1.99 Mbps download .93 Mbps Upload

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

earnhar768 wrote:

Im getting better speed this morning so maybe something got tweaked.

1.99 Mbps download .93 Mbps Upload

And that is about the max, you are going to get on the Verizon Wireless 3G EDVO network.

There might have been maintenance last night or the tower was being used by multiple people and maxed it out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes