Verizon Wireless Customer Service==CLUELESS
chrisstu
Contributor - Level 1

I rarely post, but I needed to vent. I have been considering upgrading my wife's regular phone to an phone for a few weeks, so I called VZW customer service to see what options I had. I spoke with two different reps and received some very inaccurate information and zero help from any supervisors. So, here is my story:

1. The first rep said that I could upgrade my wife's phone to an iPhone for $99.00--the iPhone 4 (8G) and get the unlimited data for that line because I already have it on another line. I thought this was great, so I asked the rep to note that I would be calling back for this.

2. I called back (today) and spoke with a rep who said this is not the case. She did say I could upgrade the phone to the iPhone for $99.00, but my data would not be unlimited. I said I would need to think about it.

3. I called back (tonight) to take advantage of the deal, and a new rep (despite the notations on my account) said that she could no do what two other reps said they could. Imagine my frustration, as this is a planned birthday gift.

I know I am a single customer, and VZW does not really care about me, but in a good, honest business, someone should be able to effectively communicate the requirements and expectations for any specials or deals that are offered. VZW will not lose any money on this deal if the agreed to honor what was told. However, they do not care.

Oh well, I feel slightly better.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Wireless Customer Service==CLUELESS
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As far as the unlimited data...since the unlimited data is on another line then upgrading your wife would not qualify for unlimited data. Her line would have to already have the unlimited data plan to be grandfathered into it with the upgrade. I can't recall the rules for the new promo for double the data (not sure if it applies to the iPhone but you can check). Unfortunately, the unlimited data plan no longer exists so that is why it can't be given to her if it's not already on her line. Not sure what the 3rd rep wasn't able to do (they couldn't do the unlimited, but no idea why they couldn't honor what the 2d rep said...which is the truth...that the data would not be unlimited for your wife's line). You might want to go in to your local VZW or ask to speak to a supervisor when you call in to place your order so that you can make sure you are getting the correct info. Also, make sure you read the terms when you receive the device to make sure it matches what you were originally told when the order was placed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As far as the unlimited data...since the unlimited data is on another line then upgrading your wife would not qualify for unlimited data. Her line would have to already have the unlimited data plan to be grandfathered into it with the upgrade. I can't recall the rules for the new promo for double the data (not sure if it applies to the iPhone but you can check). Unfortunately, the unlimited data plan no longer exists so that is why it can't be given to her if it's not already on her line. Not sure what the 3rd rep wasn't able to do (they couldn't do the unlimited, but no idea why they couldn't honor what the 2d rep said...which is the truth...that the data would not be unlimited for your wife's line). You might want to go in to your local VZW or ask to speak to a supervisor when you call in to place your order so that you can make sure you are getting the correct info. Also, make sure you read the terms when you receive the device to make sure it matches what you were originally told when the order was placed.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The only reason I can think of why rep #3 would have said rep #2 was wrong would be if your wife wasn't actually eligible for an upgrade.

If your wife is eligible for a discounted upgrade rep #2 gave you correct information. You can get the 8GB iPhone 4 for $99 in exchange for signing a new 2yr contract. It will NOT have unlimited data, though.

0 Likes
chrisstu
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks--I called a store and spoke with a manager. I will be able to get the 8G iPhone 4 in white for $99.

0 Likes