Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon banner gone from phone, network "not available"
rotormedic87

In mid April 2013 my iphone 4 lost the Verizon banner and under settings - about - it says "network not available".  I have made several phone calls to Verizon tech support, speaking with supervisors for hours on end.  I have been promised each time that a representative would call me back and let me know the status of the ticket but they NEVER have returned one call.  I am getting tired of being lied to.  I believe that my phone's PRL which is 46030 is the reason the banner is gone.  The last supervisor assured me he would have the team send my phone a PRL that starts with a 5.  We have been customers of verizon and ALLTEL from the beginning.  Verizon should have had this fixed already with numerous phone calls and no replies back.  Yesterday I called and spoke to Ryan, a supervisor in Illinois, who assured me he would call me back that same day.  He never did.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem.  My service has been terrible since losing the network.

Luke    >> personal information removed <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon banner gone from phone, network "not available"
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Alltel PRL's start with 10xxx, I still have an Alltel PRL. 14015 to be exact

But a 40xxx is a hybrid PRL.Which means you were able at some point to have VZW to change your Alltel PRL to one which have VZW towers ahead on the list. 

VZW last I knew is a 50XXX number.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

I have a PRL of 15211 and it's a Verizon PRL. Could the 4G phones have a different numbering system starting with 1xxxx with the second number in the sequence indicating if it is a Verizon or Alltel based number?

Perhaps the 4xxxx number is still an Alltel PRL number for 3G only phones?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Maybe, I know I was wrong about the hybrid PRL, those are 6xxxx

0 Likes