Verizon fails (again)
first

Apple 4s, two weeks old, takes horrible quality pictures.   I take it to Verizon and what do they say???? Can't help you.  Can't replace it.  Can't do anything about it.  "All you need to do is find an Apple store somewhere and maybe they can do something".

Verizon once again displays another thorough grasp of incompetence.   It's time to flush this "service".

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon fails (again)
Not applicable

It's Apple's problem not Verizon's.

first

ahhhh.... so Verizon peddles the product, accepts the revenue...and then passes it's customer issues off to Apple?  What brilliant mind at Verizon figured this out?  Let's see... customer comes in with a non-functional product YOU sold them and the first thing YOU say is "we don't support that, can't do anything, find an Apple store somewhere".  How does that make the customer feel?  Is that "good business"?  Is it a demonstration of how a quality organization works?  Are they helping to resolve the issue or just piling on more grief?   Sorry... when Verizon chose to sell Apple products they obligated themselves to do just a little bit more than rake in the cash.   Customer disservice at its worst.

0 Likes
HawaiiBKC
Contributor - Level 1

"first" off it is an Apple product. It is bound to have problems sooner or later.

It was after the 14 return policy that Verizon offers, after that you'll need to call Apple's iPhone Warranty Center or Verizon Customer Service for help.

0 Likes
Not applicable

first wrote:

ahhhh.... so Verizon peddles the product, accepts the revenue...and then passes it's customer issues off to Apple?  What brilliant mind at Verizon figured this out?  Let's see... customer comes in with a non-functional product YOU sold them and the first thing YOU say is "we don't support that, can't do anything, find an Apple store somewhere".  How does that make the customer feel?  Is that "good business"?  Is it a demonstration of how a quality organization works?  Are they helping to resolve the issue or just piling on more grief?   Sorry... when Verizon chose to sell Apple products they obligated themselves to do just a little bit more than rake in the cash.   Customer disservice at its worst.

You do realize Apple's relationships with carriers is totally different than other phone manufactures. Apple insists they control everything. That's why Verizon can offer an early upgrade on every other phone EXCEPT iPhones. Secondly if I buy a TV at wal-mart and it breaks wal-mart doesn't fix my TV.

0 Likes
first

I realize Verizon knew that up front and continued with that relationship regardless of the customer implications.

And... oh... wal-mart... yes, the TV breaks and they tell me to go to China to get it fixed?   Don't think so.   They replace it, no different than Costco or BestBuy, ship the unit to a repair facility and move forward.  However, the customer doesn't take the abuse.  When your Toyota dies does the dealer who sold you it tell you to ship it to Japan?   Apple can insist on everything.  That doesn't mean Verizon is obligated to make bad business and customer decisions.

0 Likes
Not applicable

But the TV manufacturer doesn't insist on draconian rules just to carry their product in walmart either. want to blame someone blame Apple. Apple's policies are exactly why I will never own any Apple product.

0 Likes
Not applicable

For some reason, many Verizon customers want Apple products.  Verizon had to negotiate terms with Apple.  They are what they are.

0 Likes
Not applicable

However Verizon wants the revenue selling the Apple products brings them. The difference in the contract of sales is Apple controls the updates, the repairs and the Apps that are allowed on the device WITHOUT Verizon hindering the owners devices. Verizon agreed for greed.

Now the year of warranty is basic as with any cell phone, you bring it in to any Apple store and they fix or replace its up to them. I think total replacement coverage can be bought from Apple Care extended after the first 30-60 days. Since the phones are sealed battery units you can either send in to Apple or walk in to an Apple store and they replace the battery. Easy is it not?

The failure rate for an iPhone versus an Android phone is like Day & Night. Less than average. But you get what you pay for.

In regards to walmarts and your tv, you could walk into walmarts I think it was up to a year (this may have changed) and they took the broken one and told you to go to electronics and get a new one. it was no questions asked. Good warranty .

I once had a Brewmaster coffee maker that was 6 months old went to walmarts and they gave me a brand new one. That is great customer service.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I guess I was unaware Verizon will not facilitate the manufacturers warranty of an iPhone like any other phone. Did you try calling CS? Verizon stores don't normally handle warranty returns unless you are within the 14 day replacement period.

With any other phone, they will send you out a refurbished unit if your unit is not working. Keep in mind if they determine it won't work due to physical damage, they will charge you for the replacement phone and you will not get your phone back.

It appears, to me at least, the store was TRYING to help you. If you were to bring the phone to an Apple store, there is a very good chance you would walk out with your phone actually being fixed OR a brand new iPhone 4S. If you were to call Verizon CS and request a warranty replacement, the best you would receive would be a refurbished unit. Since several people do not think that is appropriate even though it is spelled out in the warranty, Verizon was just trying to point you in a direction which would make you happy. If you would be happy with a refurbished unit, you should call CS then and they will most likely be able to help you.

0 Likes