Verizon iPhone 4S 3G service keeps going in and out
spiridon

I've had my phone for a couple months now.  It's the 16GB White iPhone 4S for Verizon and I get great service everywhere except for my job.  Others around me with same provider and phone have no problems, but I constantly have a "o" where the "3G" should be.  Occasionally the "3G" will pop up for a couple seconds and then disappear again back to the "o".  It is very aggravating since I need it for work purposes and personal.  I have powered down and back on, I have turned airplane mode on for 30 seconds and back off, done soft rests, and still, the same problem.  This happens at random.  One week it will be fine, the following two weeks it will be doing this.  Any help would be great, because I really don't want to go to AT&T. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon iPhone 4S 3G service keeps going in and out
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you feel that you have tried all that you can on your end (reset/restart/restore/*228 options 1 and/or 2) then you should contact VZW for additional troubleshooting help. They may determine that it is a device issue...or their may be a settings issue. I say this only because you state that their are other VZW customers with the same phone in your office that aren't having this happen. It could also depend on enviromental surroundings (if you sit near anything at work that could interfere with the signal...it's possible). Do you have the most recent iOS 5 update? If not, you might want to do that update to see if it helps. If you try a restore you might want to do it without using your backup just to be sure that there is nothing contained in your data that could be causing the issue. If the problem disappears without that backup being used then you can do a restore again using that backup. If the problem returns then you'll know that it is tied to something that has corrupted your data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon iPhone 4S 3G service keeps going in and out
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you feel that you have tried all that you can on your end (reset/restart/restore/*228 options 1 and/or 2) then you should contact VZW for additional troubleshooting help. They may determine that it is a device issue...or their may be a settings issue. I say this only because you state that their are other VZW customers with the same phone in your office that aren't having this happen. It could also depend on enviromental surroundings (if you sit near anything at work that could interfere with the signal...it's possible). Do you have the most recent iOS 5 update? If not, you might want to do that update to see if it helps. If you try a restore you might want to do it without using your backup just to be sure that there is nothing contained in your data that could be causing the issue. If the problem disappears without that backup being used then you can do a restore again using that backup. If the problem returns then you'll know that it is tied to something that has corrupted your data.

0 Likes