Re: Verizon iPhone 4S SIM UNLOCK Tutorial
massimo

Dear all,

sorry for my modest english im italian-german guy who lives in munich. I have a big problem with my iphone 4s (cdma of verizon) that i have brought yeterday.

First, id like to tell whats happen:

I have braught this phone via ebay from aoan guy directly in muich for a very good price. He said that the iphone has an american lock (plus cdma restriction) BUT he also said that i can call verizon in order to activate the GSM function of my iphne in order to use it with mit resident sim card in germany.

So if done it, i call verizon from germany but here the problem starts: the service worker want the mobile phone number of the iphone 4s, which i do not have cause i have braught it from another guy.

So my question is:

can anybody help me out of this chaos, otherwise i have a super high end smartphone in my hand without function 😞

I would be very happy if someone can help me, or can tell me what i have to say to verizon, or what can i otherwise do in this case. Is there a possibility if i go to the apple store and tell them my problem with the phone?

Thank you!!

regards massimo

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Massimo,

I used Google Translate to convert this text to German. Please see below.

Zum Entsperren der Verizon Wireless iPhone 4S, sind Sie verpflichtet, eine aktuelle Verizon Wireless Kunde zusammen mit anderen Voraussetzungen für die SIM-Unlock qualifizieren. Da Sie nicht sind, können Sie nicht das iPhone 4S Sie von eBay gekauft.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Your best option would be to sell it to someone else on eBay. Verizon will not unlock it for you because you are not a customer.

0 Likes
pinksmil3y

YES! It works, or Verizon for sure does unlocks.  I have an iPhone 4S that I would like to use for China and I called Verizon Global Support and they unlocked my SIM in less than 5 minutes.  Super easy, quick, and painless. They say I can also suspend my service while I am abroad and I would only pay charges for the carrier I am using abroad. 

I have yet to put a China SIM into my phone, but hopefully there will not be any complications.  Verizon says once I put in a new SIM, I must plug it into a computer with iTunes or connect to Wi-Fi to complete the unlocking process. 

Thank you for your advice and help!

0 Likes
philipsburg

Hi Diegocanter, I'm also in the Netherlands with a verizon 4s. Did you manage to unlock the iphone?

0 Likes
Fobulous
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I confirm with the poster as Verizon will unlock the phone for you and all you have to do is to call Global Support it takes less than 5 minutes.

However, you do have to "reset" your phone on iTunes and while doing restore (if you have iCloud setup it will be painless) iTunes will verify that your phone is unlocked.

I just came back from a trip to Bejing and while arrived to the Beijing Int'l airport i went to the rental car place on 2nd floor of International Terminal 3 and there is a place to purchase Sim Cards. I got the China Unicom Sim Card for 160 Yuan. The lady inserted the card for me and everything worked flawlessly. Also, this phone served me extremely well there and i would have been lost without it! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
verizonguy123

can someone confirm for me please i got my verizon iphone 4s last week my account is in great standing can i get it unlocked?or i have to wait 90 days?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you haven't had your line for 60 days, you have to wait until you have had it for that long.

0 Likes
Jaden5581

>Duplicate post deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

<This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.>

0 Likes