Verizon iPhone Warranty Question
chris227
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a question about the extended warrantly plan with Verizon (the one thats $12 per month). Lets say something happens to the iPhone such as it stops working due to water damage. Can I go to Verizon and pay the deductible and get a new iPhone without having to give my old iPhone back? Or will I have to give the broken one back? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon iPhone Warranty Question
Spiral
Master - Level 1

chris227 wrote:

This is a question about the extended warrantly plan with Verizon (the one thats $12 per month). Lets say something happens to the iPhone such as it stops working due to water damage. Can I go to Verizon and pay the deductible and get a new iPhone without having to give my old iPhone back? Or will I have to give the broken one back? 

Yes you have to return the damaged phone when making either a warranty claim or an insurance claim.  Water damage is classified as an insurance claim. If you don't return the damaged phone, you will be charged full retail price for the replacement unit.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Spiral is correct. Otherwise, imagine how many fraud claims would occur...besides, why would you want to  keep the phone if it were truly damaged?

0 Likes
chris227
Enthusiast - Level 3

I thought the warrently covers stolen and lost  iPhones? So if it does get damaged I have to pay the defuctible and if it gets stolen or lost I have to pay full retail? 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

chris227 wrote:

I thought the warrently covers stolen and lost  iPhones? So if it does get damaged I have to pay the defuctible and if it gets stolen or lost I have to pay full retail? 

The warranty being discussed covers lost, stolen, and damaged phones. You would pay the deductible, not full retail. Damage would be for issues not covered under the manufacturer's warranty (water damage would be an example of something the extended warranty or insurance plan would cover versus the regular warranty included on the phone for 1 year).

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you all for your replies. Just to clarify, we have three different types of coverage.  We have Extended Warranty (EW), Wireless Phone Protection (WPP) and Total Equipment Coverage (TEC).

Your device comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.The EW will extend your warranty, which covers any mechanical issues not caused by physical/liquid damage. The TEC also includes the Extended Warranty on the device. There is no fee or deductible to replace the device under the warranty.

Both WPP and TEC cover lost, stolen or physical damage to the device.  You can make two claims per year and there is a deductible of $169.99 for the 16 GB iPhone 4 and $199.99 for the 32 GB iPhone 4 per claim. 

Verizon Wireless will replace warranty devices. For warranty replacements, you can go into the store or contact our Customer Service, but the phone will be mailed to you. Asurion will cover any physical/liquid and lost devices. They may fulfill claims with new or refurbished equipment.

In both instances, you will need to return the phone with the exception of lost devices. 

Thank you, 

0 Likes