Verizon not honoring what I was told
DarleenRusnak
Enthusiast - Level 2

How is the general public supposed to know that the store they are using that says Verizon Wireless on the front is not held responsible to follow your rules? I was told when I bought the insurance that it would cover the phone completely if it was lost, stolen, damaged, etc.. When I went in the store, they said there was a $159.00 deductible. I threw a fit then left. I originally bought a droid that would not work at my home, I exchanged it immediately for an Iphone. The sales person took the policy for the droid, but did not give me a new one for the iphone even though they kept my $200.00. I was told this was the same policy that Verizon Wireless uses with me having the option of paying $200 in advance or $10 a month. I called Verizon and discussed the fact that the speaker stopped working and wanted some help. I talked to 4 different people. I was told to send the phone back and I would be sent a replacement with no charge. I had no idea there was any damage and now they are wanting me to pay $299 for the replacement, refurbished phone they sent me. That would be $700 for an iphone. I contacted the Better Business Bureau this morning as well as the State Attorney General's office. I am on a shared plan and I believe I would be better off discontinuing my service and paying the early disconnect charge and go with a more honest company. What a shame, I like Verizon service and am so disappointed at the way I have been treated. The truth somewhere along the way, would have been nice!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon not honoring what I was told
budone
Legend

Sure sounds like a third party reseller. They have their own rules and policies. Can't blame Verizon Wireless if it was a reseller

0 Likes
DarleenRusnak
Enthusiast - Level 2

And how would you know it was not a Verizon store?  Big red and black letters say it is a Verizon Wireless store!  I have been doing business there for years without a problem!

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

Maybe you can't blame Verizon. As for some others. Blame away.  

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Third party resellers have a VZW sign, but also their store name attached. What was the address of the store?

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

I may  be going out on a limb here but I'm guessing they can't put that big Verizon sign up on their store without Verizon's permission.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

<Comment deleted.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

<Comment deleted.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DarleenRusnak
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is what I said to Verizon.  They are the only Verizon store in town and I was unaware that they have nothing to do with Verizon Wireless!

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

Some on here will say"They have nothing to do with Verizon Wireless", but as I said, they can't put that sign up without some sort of agreement with Verizon.

0 Likes