Verizon return policy
Ricew1

Apparently for Verizon, policy trumps customer satisfaction.  I just found out the hard way that Verizon's retail policy is if you fail to return an item in 2 weeks, you're out of luck.  I bought an $18 case at a store pretty far from me because I happened to be shopping in the vicinity.  Tried to return it to a more local Verizon store and was told I had to return it to the store I bought it from.  But I didn't get there in time.  I pay for 7 freakin' devices each month and they stiff me for $18!!  Next time contract renewal comes up I'll definitely be shopping around.  Make no mistake.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon return policy sucks
smitty23521
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like you may have purchased the accessory from an authorized or premium retailer, not an actual Verizon store. Corporate Verizon stores usually accept returns from other VZ stores

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually it has a year warranty against material and workmanship issues but exchange only.

Yes it may seem its petty but if you buy from store 1 and decide you don't want the item you go to store 2 to return it the problem is the return policy and time frame in on your receipt.

The only difference is when you buy the item on line. There is a return label provided.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Verizon return policy
Ricew1

Nope, bought it from a Corporate VZ store. The local store was part of

their indirect channel. Most retailers like Kohl's and Walmart don't have

such a time-limited return policy. What burns me is that the store manager

clearly signaled Verizon's values that adhering to a policy is more

important than customer satisfaction. I'm a manager, too, and I routinely

use my judgment to make exceptions to policies when customer satisfaction

is at stake.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Then you know what it is to be a good manager. And now you have seen what a bad store manager is like from Verizon.

We need more good managers like you Smiley Happy

Hank74

Sounds like a situation that I'm in right now. Being an over the road truck driver, I rely heavily on my phone for communication with customers, brokers, and my dispatch office. The phone that i was using went into a continuous loop of trying to reboot. Found a store that says 'Verizon' to help me. Long story short, i end up buying a new phone and case to the tune of $500. After a day of using this phone, I am unhappy with it, want to return it, but seems the only way that I can get that done is to return it to the store of purchase because it was purchased at an 'indirect' store. That store is 450 miles away from where i live, rarely get into that area, and know i will not be there in the next 9 days to return it. After spending most of the day yesterday in my local store, and being on the phone with customer service for over 5 hours, I may have found an avenue to get this situation under control, but am still waiting for a response from verizon at the executive level. $18 is cheap compared to the situation that I'm in.

0 Likes
N1andA2

My husband and I are also having a major hassle with the Verizon return policy. My husband is an over-the-road truck driver who only gets home about every three weeks. The last time he was home, we went to the Verizon store and got him a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. We also bought a LifeProof Fre case for the phone which cost $96.06. A few days after the purchases, my husband hit the road with the phone and case. The phone seems to be fine, but the case is a real dud. The case has to be registered in order to take advantage of the Total Water Protection Plan and even after three days of trying (and yeah, I'm a techie gal!) I was never able to complete the registration (a draconian process that requires, among other things, an upload of the receipt and a screenshot off the phone). To top it off, the "Off" button on the side of the case doesn't work well (you have to push it numerous times and hold your mouth just right) and the fingerprint-recognition function is so erratic with the case on the phone that my husband finally just turned it off. It didn't take long to figure out that we wanted to return the crummy LifeProof case and get a refund. Unfortunately, my husband has the case with him on the road and I have the box and the junk that came in it at home in North Carolina. My husband went to a Verizon store in Fargo, North Dakota last night and tried to return the case, but they wouldn't take it without the box. I even offered to mail the box to the store, but they wouldn't accept that as a solution. As I'm writing this, my husband is running around in Fargo this morning trying to find a place to ship the case home to me so I can reunite it with the box and return it to the store where we bought it. We only have a measly 14 days from the date of purchase (which was over a week ago) or we will be stuck holding the bag on an expensive case that isn't worth a toot. My husband is worried about bashing around the country without a case on his phone, so he's planning to go to Target to buy one he can use after he ships the LifeProof case back to me. Unlike Verizon, Target has great customer service, a great return policy that works for real people who lead busy and complicated lives, and any Target store will take back merchandise purchased at any other Target store. While we're pretty much stuck with data and phone plans from Verizon because they have the best coverage in far-flung parts of the nation, we have agreed that we'll never again purchase any retail items like phone accessories from Verizon. I spent hours on the phone with Verizon yesterday trying to get an extension on the time they'll give us to return the LifeProof case, but even after going up the food chain and talking to three different customer service employees, the answer was always,"No, we have a strict policy about returns and we won't do anything to help you." We've come to believe that all Verizon cares about is rigidly enforcing their ridiculous policies (hey, they make more money if their customers can't return merchandise!). After this experience, we certainly don't feel like Verizon cares about customer service and satisfaction.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Verizon return policy sucks
Patdio58
Enthusiast - Level 3

I purchased a new phone through an upgrade. The phone was less than expected. I decided to exchange the phone on day 6 of the 14 day Return/Exchange Policy. The one and only time I had not received a return shipping label in the Verizon's shipping box. So I went to the recent order page on My Verizon,  where you can  print  a return shipping label, the order for the phone was missing. I had two other orders for accessories placed two days after the phone that did appear on the list.

Contacted customer service, they had no explanation for the missing return shipping label in box and missing order in recent orders page. They said they would send one "right" out and I was assured return shipping label was going to arrive next day (Friday) or Monday at the latest. The return shipping label arrived the following Friday (day 13 of the 14 day policy). So I am pretty much forced into keeping a phone which I have already paid for, that I am not happy with. When calling customer service about the issue while waiting as the mailed label did not arrive, I was told " You can try to exchange it at a corporate store". Yep, been to the corporate store, they barely want to deal with you even if you purchased the phone there. Even if they accepted the phone, as to comply with the 14 day policy. They  would not exchange it. It would have to be returned to Verizon and "deemed" in brand new condition and all items packaged in same packing as shipped.So, that means if one of the packaged items that is in a plastic bag that has to be torn to open, they would "deem" it as not in the original packaging ! As stated in their policy, if the "deem" it not to be as originally shipped, they have the right to not return the phone and not return your money. Also, if you purchased it under The Verizon Edge plan, you are responsible to continue paying for it, for the duration. The same applies if they receive the phone after the 14 day Return/Exchange  Policy !

I do not know about anyone else, to me it seems a bit of a stretch that I was not sent the return shipping in the box with the new phone. The only recent order missing,  was the phone, and it took 8 days for the mailed return shipping label to arrive ! I get the feeling they knew I would attempt to return or exchange this particular phone, and pretty mush made it impossible to accomplish that !! I remember 25 years ago when I had my Verizon account, they did everything humanly possible to accommodate your every need. Now that they are an incredible monopoly,  things are surely not like that anymore !

0 Likes