Visual Voicemail won't set-up
cookie8366

This is insane. My husband keeps complaining about how much he hates his iphone 4s. I have the same model and find it wonderful. Then today I figured out the frustration. His visual voicemail isn't set-up and it is horrible having to navigate voicemail the old fashioned way. I've tried everything to get visual voicemail to set-up but the phone just says "Visual voicemail unavailable at this time". WTF!?!?!?! Of course, I can't get a live person to help me at Verizon.

What to do?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Visual Voicemail won't set-up
Not applicable

Hold down top button and home button until phone shuts off and keep holding them till the Apple logo appears at reboot. This doesn't erase anything and is always the first thing to try when you have a problem.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Dapainta

Similar issues.. Visual voicemail and regular voicemail messages are not set up and I can't get past the set up.  I go through every step it calls for and it always comes back to " unavailable Try Again "?? I tried the reboot suggested... no change.. Help!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Visual voice mail on iPhone is Apple. Regular Voice mail is Verizon. However Verizon customer service can assist you in setting them up.

You must have your phone logged in to Apple with your apple ID to set up the visual voice mail.

Call *VM *86 and when the girl starts talking press the # key. Then enter your password, then follow the instructions.

First time set up pass code is the last four digits of your phone number. Unless you changed it previously. In that case it would be the changed pass code.

In any case call *611 or 1-800-922-0204 and they can help you.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Dapainta

Ahh, screw it... nothing seems to work. Time to Visit the Verizon store and have them fix it up for me... Why so complicated anyway!!!

Thanks

Donny

0 Likes
Not applicable

The instructions I gave will help you set up visual voice mail on an Apple phone and on a regular cell phone.

Calling tech support is usually faster 1-800-922-0204 from another phone so you have access to your device to set it up properly.

If you have another verizon device it would be call *611 again tech support.

Going to a Verizon Corporate Store may help.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Dapainta,

Having your visual voicemail set up properly is definitely important! I don't want you missing any important messages.

I see you mentioned you were going to visit a VZW store on January 22nd. Were they able to get your visual voicemail setup? If you still need assistance please advise of the phone model you have so I can further assist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kadec

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND I JUST FIGURED IT OUT.  YOU MUST HAVE YOUR "CELLULAR DATA" ON.  I upgraded from iphone 4 to the new ios7 and I couldn't get my vm to work.  I couldn't find anything in settings so I finally turned on the cellular data and there it was.

0 Likes