Voicemail
TyusMom

How do I set up the default message for my iphone 4s. I've tried *86 and it gives me a busy signal, and I tried tapping the default tab in the voicemail setting and neither on works.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail
deloused
Master - Level 3

If the feature is correctly on your account it should allow you to change/set the greeting by selecting 'phone' then 'voicemail' and then 'greeting'. *86 or dialing into vmail shouldn't work on iPhones as they use a visual vs dialing program. Do you receive some sort of error message when trying this?

0 Likes
TyusMom

Its already set to default but when I dial my number its a message saying the caller isnt available try again later. Its not the generic voicemail message

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Gotcha, has the voicemail ever worked since you've been using this phone? That message could mean the voicemail feature is missing from your account itself (it can be added thru customer service) or there is some sort of incorrect forwarding on your line which you can check to ensure it is off by dialing *73.

0 Likes
TyusMom

Yes it did work when I 1st got the phone but I think after I did a update

it stopped

0 Likes
TyusMom

I also tried the *73 it didn't work either

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Gotcha, you'll need to call them then to have them add or reset the feature on your actual account itself, and then you'll be ok.

0 Likes
TyusMom

Ok thanks a lot for all of your help

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

You're welcome 🙂

0 Likes