Re: Volume way too low during a phone call...
empres20

I'm having the same issue!  I've tried all the methods and nothing works.  Volume is all the way up and the caller sounds really far away.  If we want to take them in to get them replaced will we have to wait until after the launch date and will any even be available?

0 Likes
Woodburn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem.  Calls are definitely not loud enough in speakerphone mode.  Thank goodness my car has Bluetooth, which is plenty loud.

I have noticed that it is all too easy to cover the speakers with my palm or thumb while holding the device, but there still  appears to be a volume problem beyond that.

0 Likes
lorilwayne89
Enthusiast - Level 3

i did that too- apparantly I need to meet your wife too.  I had the idea that probalby it was the factory shipped protective cover that was causing the problem so I went into Verizon just to make sure I wasn't missing something besides getting a different screen protector (which I purchased and it solved the problem) 

0 Likes
KVzcool
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks to a collaborative effort this has been resolved for me.

Here is what I did:

1) Held the sleep/wake button and home button at the same time until the phone shut off and the apple logo appeared again.

2) Wore the earbuds and made a call.

3) Pressed the increase volume button on the side of the phone until it was at its max.

4) Removed the earbuds from my ears and iPhone then turned the speakerphone on during that same call.

5) Pressed the increase volume button on the side of the phone until it was at max (while still on speakerphone).

6) Turned off the speakerphone during that same call.

7) Pressed the increase volume button on the side of the phone until it was at max.

😎 Ended the call.

Now during any call received or made, the volume is pretty good. Right on par with my phone before.

0 Likes
Macaddict
Contributor - Level 1
Wow! That took some determination, it's not supposed to be that hard! So happy that you resolved your issue now go and enjoy your phone!!
0 Likes
Louisiana

Where I come from we call it bulldogging... Look it up. Congrats. I will say the speakerphone on all iphones in my opinion leaves a bit to be desired. I never have been a fan of the volume level. Handset mode is pretty good though.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Anyone with this problem...have you tried restoring the iPhone? Restoring WILL delete your data but it is one of the steps that Apple would make you perform to exhaust all possibilities if everything else fails. Also, have you checked on the Apple support site for troubleshooting tips and/or checked the Apple support forums?

0 Likes
redsneakers

lol I feel like an idiot after reading this. I didnt have great sound either but my dumb a** didnt take the protective cover off lol!

0 Likes
Twinb1953

If the phone is brand new and you haven't removed the protective display that came with it, take it off and replace with a different one.  The one that comes with the phone is much heavier than the ones you buy.  Sound does not penetrate very well.  I had the same problem and was freaking out thinking I had to return the phone.  Simple fix.  Good luck.

0 Likes
good2bemt

I have a Verizon Samsung Android Note 8 and am having the same exact problem.  I noticed it 2 updates ago.  I can hardly hear any convos unless on speaker phone.

All volumes turned up to max including in-call volume. 

How do I fix this issue?

My mom's phone is having same issue.

0 Likes