Waiting period after cancelling?
Kyllle
Contributor - Level 2

After you cancel your contract with Verizon, is there a waiting period before you can sign another one? I hear that you have to wait 3-6 months from some people but others say you can cancel one contract and sign up for another in the same phone call.

The reason I'm asking is because it would be a lot cheaper for me to cancel my contract then start a new one instead of paying full retail price for the iPhone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Waiting period after cancelling?
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

Your account will have to be disconnected over 60 days in order to sign a new two year agreement for a new account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

Your account will have to be disconnected over 60 days in order to sign a new two year agreement for a new account.

0 Likes
aaronjkay

Just Cancel and make the switch over to AT&T its much cheaper than the retail pricing. I think it is terrible they do not extend upgrades to existing customers especially ones that have been with them a long time. They are extending a $200 rebate to those who purchase over the holiday season which is terrible too because I got new phone a few months prior to the dates they set for that. They say they would do this for them because "they would have got an iphone if available" well no crap! We all probably would have got iphones if available 6 months ago not only 2 months ago! I say extend the rebate to all not eligible for an upgrade or lose customers to At&t, much cheaper that way! Sad to say when you have been a customer for a long time but thats just where I am at!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

aaronjkay wrote:

Just Cancel and make the switch over to AT&T its much cheaper than the retail pricing. I think it is terrible they do not extend upgrades to existing customers especially ones that have been with them a long time. They are extending a $200 rebate to those who purchase over the holiday season which is terrible too because I got new phone a few months prior to the dates they set for that. They say they would do this for them because "they would have got an iphone if available" well no crap! We all probably would have got iphones if available 6 months ago not only 2 months ago! I say extend the rebate to all not eligible for an upgrade or lose customers to At&t, much cheaper that way! Sad to say when you have been a customer for a long time but thats just where I am at!

Hey, take Business 101 and your thought of entitlement for you will change. You knew the phone was coming. No one put a gun to your head to sign a contract a few months ago.

You saw a new phone, got all giddy and signed up! Just like everyone else.

0 Likes
aaronjkay

Not true, had no idea phone would be coming so soon. Neither did the folks that bought one at christmas time, which are getting a $200 rebate for the reason of not knowing.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Understand though that $200 rebate is off the full retail price. So, it is not at the $199 or $299 price.

0 Likes
aaronjkay

Ya I get that. Not asking for the new two yr price. Since I havent had business 101 clear me on the math Smiley Happy

If I cancel and go to another provider cost to me is apprx $400, Including early tem and new iphone.

If I stay verizon I pay $650 retail. If verizon extends the $200 rebate to all the customers that fall into this niche then the price is $450 and they essentially secure this niche of customer from switching. Would make pretty good business sense to do so, I think, but again slept through that course Smiley Happy Lol I am kidding on the business jokes dont take offense.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The thing is most who are with Verizon are here for the network. We all know things cost more here, but we assured we can use our devices where we want.

So I do not see a mass exodus to ATT due to a higher price, as it is known their system can not handle what they have now.

And no I did not take offense! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
tbcofc

What if I have recently cancelled out of a family contract with two people in it to switch to another provider but now don't get service at my residence with the new provider...Can I reopen my cancelled account with Verizon and avoid the early termination fee?  If so, can I port my old number back into Verizon and add a third line?

0 Likes
Abi
Contributor - Level 1
That I am not sure of. But I agree with the poster above. We are all with Verizon for the service, and not worried about the costs. Maybe if other companies did not focus on being cheaper and raised their prices a little, they could afford to upgrade their services a bit more so their network works as well Verizon's does.
0 Likes