Want to go from family plan to prepaid. What to do with this iPhone 4
eeyoresmom

We currently have a family plan with Verizon but would like to go to seperate preaid plans. Daughter has the only line that is still under contract (until September 2014) We know we will pay to break the contract. Her phone is an iPhone 4s bought through Verizon as a upgrade. Can we break the contract and have her go to Verizon prepaid or is there more involved ????? Other problem: I would like to buy two iPhones for myself and husband, at least the 4s but maybe the 5. I would like them to run on the Verizon network. Can I buy any 4s or 5 and buy the Verizon prepaid plan or do I HAVE to buy it through Verizon?And if I dohave to buy through Verizon, will I always have to use Verizon prepaid? So confused and keep getting different answers.....thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Want to go from family plan to prepaid. What to do with this iPhone 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for being with our family and I can give you all the details you need to have a plan for your needs. Yes, breaking a contract will incur an early termination fee for that line. You can not use the iPhone 5 on prepaid because they are 4g devices. You can use the iphone 4 and 4s on prepaid. Here is a link to the devices and prepaid plans http://vz.to/T2PvGR . All you will need to do to get this processed correctly is contact our Prepaid department at1- 888-294-6804 . They will help with the transition of all your lines to prepaid while keeping your phone numbers and assist with ordering your new Iphone 4 or 4s devices.  IF you want to purchase your own devices for our prepaid services, you can! Just ensure they are verizon wireless compatible. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on twitter @vzwssupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Want to go from family plan to prepaid. What to do with this iPhone 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for being with our family and I can give you all the details you need to have a plan for your needs. Yes, breaking a contract will incur an early termination fee for that line. You can not use the iPhone 5 on prepaid because they are 4g devices. You can use the iphone 4 and 4s on prepaid. Here is a link to the devices and prepaid plans http://vz.to/T2PvGR . All you will need to do to get this processed correctly is contact our Prepaid department at1- 888-294-6804 . They will help with the transition of all your lines to prepaid while keeping your phone numbers and assist with ordering your new Iphone 4 or 4s devices.  IF you want to purchase your own devices for our prepaid services, you can! Just ensure they are verizon wireless compatible. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on twitter @vzwssupport

0 Likes