What does it take to turn on personal hotspot?
ggm1960

Can I get personal hotspot turned on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What does it take to turn on personal hotspot?
rcschnoor
Legend

If the iPhone 4 has a personal hotspot, I would assume you can get it turned on.

What plan do you have? Depending on your plan, the personal hotspot may be an additional fee.

If you are on the Share Everything plan, the hotspot is included. If you are on another plan, there would be an additional fee.

From your settings menu, select general. I believe the hotspot is in this category. Make sure you password protect your hotspot, otherwise people around you can also access it and use YOUR data.

0 Likes
ggm1960

700 min talk, 2G data. When I try to find out about the hotspot I end up in a loop on the website or attempting to talk to a robot on the phone. Total frustration.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I am unsure what the charge for the hotspot for your phone would be. Possibly $30 for 2 GB.

Have you tried having it activated in a store?

It seems you should be able to activate it online, but I have never had to activate one. It is included in my Share Everything plan and I only had to turn it on in the phone settings.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the tiered 2 GB data plan, they would have to change their plan to the 4 GB plan for $50 and includes 2 GB phone data and 2GB hhotspot data.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes