What happens to a blocked number when they try to text you?
ccole534
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have heard mixed answers on this.  I have an iphone, and so does the number I blocked.  I have turned off iMessage, and am curious what, on his end, will happen if he tries to text me.  Will it say "delivered" as normal, or will it turn green with the red exclamation that says "message undeliverable" ?

Can someone please help?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What happens to a blocked number when they try to text you?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ccole534, the feeling of rejection definitely hurts. Our free Call and Messaging Block feature will confirm that his text message was not successfully delivered. Additionally, if he calls your device, he will hear this automated message, "We're sorry. The number you have dialed has calling restriction that has prevented the completion of your call." For more details regarding the Call and Messaging Block feature, click: http://vz.to/MqEgqB

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

ccole534
Enthusiast - Level 1

I should mention that I have blocked him through the free Verizon service online, not actually blocked on my iphone.  The reason is because I want him to KNOW he is blocked and the iphone block feature will make it seem like he is still able to contact me freely.

Pattywack57
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree and want to know why it doesn't tell them UNDELIVERABLE.  I have blocked someone and I am hearing that they send messages and it says 'delivered.'  What's the point of blocking someone if they don't know it???  I want it to say BLOCKED.  It's not very high tech especially for both ends being Iphones to not reveal that the number is blocked. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ccole534,

That's a great question and I'm happy to help resolve this; thanks for the additional details regarding the block service you used. When they try to text you, they will receive a message stating the delivery failed if they are a Verizon Wireless user; if they are not with us, they will make see the message was sent/delivered. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ccole534, the feeling of rejection definitely hurts. Our free Call and Messaging Block feature will confirm that his text message was not successfully delivered. Additionally, if he calls your device, he will hear this automated message, "We're sorry. The number you have dialed has calling restriction that has prevented the completion of your call." For more details regarding the Call and Messaging Block feature, click: http://vz.to/MqEgqB

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

N529JK
Enthusiast - Level 3

From what I seeing, this is a pretty common question. 

The best answer - from Verizon - that I've seen, is that Verizon basically tells the caller that you do not want to take any calls from that person. Which amounts to: "The person you are trying to call does not want to talk to you."

AND THAT IS NOT THE MESSAGE WE WANT TO SEND TO PEOPLE WE DO NOT WANT TO TALK TO! 

Verizon can just as easily reply: "Sorry. But we cannot complete the call as dialed. Please try again."

Simple. Effective. Non-offensive.

Sooner or later, the other person will stop trying to call you. Without you being involved. 

SHAME ON YOU, VERIZON! 

0 Likes
N529JK
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a pretty common question. 

• The best answer - from Verizon - that I've seen, is that Verizon tells the caller that you do not want to take any calls from that person. Which amounts to: "The person you are trying to call does not want to talk to you."
  • THAT IS NOT THE MESSAGE YOU WANT THE OTHER PERSON TO GET. AND THAT IS NOT THE MESSAGE WE WANT TO SEND TO PEOPLE WE DO NOT WANT TO TALK TO! 

Verizon can just as easily reply: "Sorry. But your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please try again."

Simple. Effective. Non-offensive.

Sooner or later, the other person will just stop trying. 

SHAME ON YOU, VERIZON! 

0 Likes
N529JK
Enthusiast - Level 3

garbage, Ma'am. Verizon can do better. 

0 Likes
N529JK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right. 

0 Likes
N529JK
Enthusiast - Level 3

What was wrong with "garbage?" 

Who are you to edit my answer? 

0 Likes