Re: Where's iOS 5?
xxnicka

i keep getting 3194 and 3200, also i cant even use my phone, its in some sort of loop of showing the logo, then the download bar, then a spinning circle.... called apple and they didnt do anything to help me. i guess the servers are just wayyy to busy

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Try looking at the link I posted on the previous page to see if it helps. Also, try powering your phone off and then powering it on again to see if that helps. I am currently updating my iPhone after doing my iPod. My iPhone got a network timed out error the first time. I powered the phone off and tried again. So far it is doing fine.

0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

NOW... I believe it!  And it only took us 8 months to get a meaningful update and FINALLY be on par with the rest of the iPhone world.  (A new record by the way... the iPad only took 4 months to get iOS 4.)

Yeah, yeah... I know Kaebfly and you too Tidbits... we weren't deceived and Verizon is the greatest, Apple had their reasons and the other millions of times that you've defended the whole iOS 4.3 (dare I use debacle???? nah....how about perceived entitlement?)  Anyway, I'll work on something else to complain about, so be ready! 

And no hard feelings and certainly no offense to either of you.  And lighten up a bit.... Sometimes I get the impression that you guys really take people's gripes personal!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Funny you would tell us to lighten up....considering the fact that you and others were the one's pretty upset about the "debacle" lol. Trust me...I've never been offended by you or had any hard feelings. And despite what you think, I don't put Apple on some sort of grand perch. Every company has their reasons....and despite the entitlement most consumers think we deserve the truth (as much as we don't like it) is that none of the companies actually owe us anything beyond providing a product that works as it is intended. The rest is perks. As far as VZW being the greatest....can't say that I have ever felt that way. They provide the greatest wireless service that fits my needs...but their practices (nickle and dime pricing...although they all do it) and their less than steller CS at times (never said I was with them because of their CS. Sprint at one time had far better CS but their service was crap in the places and the times I needed it the most)....they leave a lot to be desired. The whole constant complaints to the point of acting like it was a conspiracy to keep us CDMA users behind...it's one thing to voice your opinion about it. It became something that needed to be debated when it became a mantra repeated on most threads. The only difference was in general you weren't trashing the brand and the people that use it (like the "trolls" that spend hours on end doing so while claiming they really love their Droid or whatever phone they own. You never got THAT bad but you did run the whole "debacle" into the ground....6 feet deep....with concrete to set it all lol.

All is well...I eagerly await the next complaints...I know they'll come soon enough (not necessarily from you, but if you enjoy our debates enough I'm sure you'll find something fun to stir it up! lol). Enjoy your time playing with iOS 5...you'll have your 4s soon though right?

0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

No doubt Kaebfly... I know I buried the iOS 4.3 thing and then some, but this was my rookie experience with Apple (as was Verizon with Apple) and I was ?concerned?  that we were being treated 'different'.  Now that this has past, I'll have a greater understanding in the future should a similar situation occur... I hope anyway!  Regardless, one reason I was concerned has to do with the fact that the iPhone is a great product, I have no desire for AT&T as a carrier and really wanted the best of both worlds... an iPhone with Verizon.  (ok now I sound like I think Verizon is the greatest!)   I knew about the CDMA vs GSM network differences and Verizon's slower albeit more reliable and consistent 3G but really didn't expect the delay in iOS software 'synchronization'.  All water under the bridge now anyway!

So far iOS 5 and iCloud has more than lived up to its expectations for me and the next big leap will be a 4G LTE capable iPhone in another year or so (hopefully). 

I'm getting the 4S because I have a 2 phone family plan and my contracts are a year apart.  My teenage son currently has an Android phone and pretty much hates it, loves my iPhone 4 so next month he's getting that and I'm moving to the 4S.

And actually now, I really have nothing to complain about, so perhaps I'll try to talk down the next crazed person on these forums!  I'm sure you could use the help (and Tidbits too).  These forums can use as many voices of reason as possible.  Only way to combat the real trolls out there.  :smileywink:

0 Likes