Which is better an android or apple
1804ols

Which is better getting an android smart phone or an Apple I Phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Which is better an android or apple
Not applicable

It's simply a matter of preference.

0 Likes
Not applicable

As the poster Horses 547 said its a matter of personal preference. However I own and use both. Printing via air print is smooth and easy on an iphone. Printing on a android phone is iffy and tedious and you will have to find an app to print since there is no native app to do so. I purchased http://www.printhand.com which costs around $12 from the app store. but it is in my opinion the best printing app out there for android. I use it on my android tablet as well and its great. This company is the maker of the print app on iphones.

The iphone is a little harder to put your own ringtone on the device. However very easy from the Itunes you put on your computer and hook into.

Another thing an iphone does is if you use their cloud service or pay for a song it is available on all your ios devices. Iphone, ipad, or ipod or up to five computers registered through itunes on those computers.

Google play music also can sync with all your android devices.

Iphone don't have external Micro SD card slots, so the storage on the phone is all you have.

Iphones use imessage which does not count against your text allotment  to another iphone or ipad user. it send regular text to non iphone users.

Another thing is Face Time but I found a better program called oovoo at http://www.oovoo.com or in the Google Play Store for free.

Iphones are paper thin but I have an android that has a larger view area and is also paper thin and light. Depending on the android phone it may have a removable battery, whereas iphones are sealed as are some new androids. I have found the sound for music better on my iphone, and videos are crystal clear. Again on some better androids the music and video is comparable .

There is really not many differences but it up to the user.

One last good thing is iphones are updated via Apple, no long waits for OS updates like is done with Android devices, and android devices on Verizon.

0 Likes
1804ols

Thank you so much for a very thorough response- I think I will go with the I Phone.  I feel really good about it thanks to you.

Veronica   >> personal information removed <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

Glad I could help. I use mine most of the time over the android phone. But my wife love her Motorola Razr

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Elector Good Post it would surly give me some insight if i was looking for a New Phone.. I'v been a Android Nut since ditching my Black Berry back in 2010 which i thought i would never do). But this go around i'v though about getting my self an iPad i like many things i have seen on em, the Striking Views and playing games my Cousin's iPad which is a 64 Gig Monster. Then he told me and showed me just about thing you can do on a Computer you can do on a iPad while i was talking to him More about it He done a Amazon Order on it for me i Got set of.. eneloop AA 2500mAh XX's a very good Ni Mh battery from Sanyo..  

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Morning B:

We also own an iPad I think 32GB and its great, however at times when on wifi we experience key press lags. While entering a url in the browser the key press does not show up right away. An annoyance but not a major one. The other thing is you don't get to see any flash content, Apple refuses to allow it on their devices yet they own 10% of Adobe stock...??

But it does fully support HTML5 which is being pushed out. So that flash limitation may be going away soon.

I am using a Sony Tablet S to post here at the community, however like I said this tablet has a few quirks as I am sure they all do.

I am thinking of buying that new Microsoft Tablet for my wife. She loves the Windows 8 OS so I went and put that on all of our laptops and the desktop came with it pre installed. But she is a wiz with her iMac which I cannot figure out to save my soul ha ha

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea it's good that all of us can talk and share the Info it really help come shopping time). Hey Elector i clicked on your Avatar to Follow if you want to send me a PM or i can send you one Just hit the Accept and i can talk to ya more on this. I don't want to Over Saturate the thread with off topic.. I rather send ya a PM if that's OK too..  thanks.. b 

0 Likes
Not applicable

sorry for the delay. I accepted your request.

0 Likes