Why am I being prompted for a calling pin?
biebs44
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I changed my phone number and to active the new number I am told to dial *28 SEND which then prompts me to purchase a calling pin or use the existing PIN.  Problem is, I don't ever remember setting up a pin.  Verizon told me to remove my sim card (Iphone 4s) and leave it out, that I didn't need it, and after power cycling the phone it should start working.  Well it still doesn't work and keeps saying I am roaming, wanting me to purchase a calling pin.  What do I do?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changed my phone number, being prompted for a calling pin?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@biebs44

Changing your mobile number should have been a much simpler process for you.  I would love to assist you with restoring a network connection to your Apple iPhone 4s.

The iPhone 4s is a 3G device and requires dialing *228 for programming.  When you dial *228 (Send) you should hear a recording for Verizon Wireless programming.  Select Option 1 to program your device.  You should not be prompted to enter a PIN to complete this process.  Please try this for me and let me know how this works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@biebs44

Changing your mobile number should have been a much simpler process for you.  I would love to assist you with restoring a network connection to your Apple iPhone 4s.

The iPhone 4s is a 3G device and requires dialing *228 for programming.  When you dial *228 (Send) you should hear a recording for Verizon Wireless programming.  Select Option 1 to program your device.  You should not be prompted to enter a PIN to complete this process.  Please try this for me and let me know how this works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

biebs44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everything appears to be working now, thanks!

0 Likes