Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why am I paying so much for such poor service?
debinwi

I switched from US cellular to Verizon over a year ago. I saved my money  and adjusted my budget so I could get an Iphone4. I did expect to pay a little more than the norm for an all-in-one phone, however I didn't plan on getting such lousy service. I pay over $130.00 every month for my phone. I am constantly losing calls, not receiving calls, not receiving messages on time. I have the people I call frustrated because they hear interference on their end of the call ranging from static to annoying beeps that I can't hear. I pay $30.00 a month for an unlimited data plan and have "NO INTERNET CONNECTION" that pops up on my phone often, or it takes forever. I thought that updating to ios 5.1 or whatever the newest version was would help, but even that is messed up because it says may take over an hour...I let it sit for 48 hours and got 1/10 of the way uploaded but then had to disconnect be cause I had to go to work. I have taken my phone in several times to the store where I purchased it only to be told that it is Apple's fault and should be fixed soon. I will be contacting Apple as well to address my concerns, but I really feel the problem lies with Verizon. I am tired of the excuses, and want the service that I am paying for!  As it stands now, I would never refer anyone to Verizon because of the poor service, and look forward to the end of my contract to find a better carrier unless this situation can be resolved.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I paying so much for such poor service?
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I am sorry to hear you are having so many issues, I actually switched to Verizon because they have the best service of all the carriers in my area..  I havent had any drop calls or issues with my services, by chance did you look into the service coverage map before switching to verify quality service in you area?   Check at http://youreguide.vzw.com/data-coverage-map/ for this information.

As for the amount of time that it took to update your device, you do realize iPhones devices are only a 3G device and the best way to do updates is on wifi because of the size of the files that needs to be downloaded.  Try updating again but when you are connected to a wifi connection.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

It may the area you live in. Have you tried talking to other VZW users in your area to see if they are experiencing any issues? Personally I can't relate to the issues you are having. VZW is the best in my area as far as coverage...and I tend to have service in areas where others that have a different provider don't. If this issue is connected to the service in your area only then it is a VZW issue...or the coverage in your area may be in an area that doesn't get the best coverage. When you contacted VZW did they open a trouble ticket? If not, call back and ask them to do so.

0 Likes
debinwi

Thank you for the link. I did check the service coverage map again as I am sure I did when I first signed up and it appears I am completely covered. I also did specific address searches and checked the coverage at each individual place that my service has been interrupted  and they are all covered as well.

As far as the update, (bare with me I am not super tech savvy) I was informed that the only way to do so is through  I TUNES. I was to connect directly to my laptop and link the phone to the computer and start the update. So, would I switch on my wifi in my phone, then continue to link the same way and that would speed up the process? And in doing so would the update correct the problems I am experiencing?   In any case I will try the update again, but it doesn't change the fact I have had crappy service for over a year and the only logical help I can get is through a forum.  I  have spoke to customer service reps several times, there only responses were it was a glitch from Apple and they are working on it or they refreshed my memory by telling me when my contract was up.                                                                                    

0 Likes
debinwi

There was never even a trouble ticket brought up. I will be addressing that on Monday. Thanks for the tip. As far as other users in my area, not everyone experiences the same troubles. Some are lost calls, some bad connection. It really varies but still quite a few problems, but on the other hand there  are some people in the the same location not experiencing any troubles at all, those being the ones who convinced me to switch.

0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

The latest updates past 5.0 should have added the feature to update the device from the phone without iTunes but I always noticed a slow download even from a desktop so I use iTunes to minimize the chance of a corrupt update.

0 Likes