Why are texts and calls showing up under different names than those in the contacts list?
coffeeman1967

I have a relative that just purchased a smartphone for the first time iphone and having issues with her contacts. She said when she receives a txt or call it'll show up a different name from which she has on her contact and not sure why!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have a relative that just purchased a smartphone for the first time iphone and having issues with her contacts. She said when she receives a txt or call it'll show up a different name from which she has on her contact and not sure why!
mikeg803
Contributor - Level 1

The only thing that could really cause this to happen would be if she has the same phone number listed under two or more different names in her contact list.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have a relative that just purchased a smartphone for the first time iphone and having issues with her contacts. She said when she receives a txt or call it'll show up a different name from which she has on her contact and not sure why!
mikeg803
Contributor - Level 1

The only thing that could really cause this to happen would be if she has the same phone number listed under two or more different names in her contact list.

0 Likes
coffeeman1967

Okay thank you will let her know

0 Likes